BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Does your Dead Foot Pedal get dirty?

1369 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Dr. Phil
I have the Gray colored interior and I noticed early on that this Left Foot Pad will ALWAYS get dirty, so I took a piece of Body Side Molding, cut it to size and applied it to the existing pad.

The Body Side Molding can be procured from a After-Market Body Side Molding Vendor.

The piece I used was from a mid-to-late 90's GM Truck. It is about 3 inches wide and has two rows of 3m adhesive, so it should be a good long term solution.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Won't that also get dirty? Why does it matter if the black is dirty but not the gray?
Dude is that a real question?

If you are going to do some real dirty work, do you wear a white shirt?

I think Plato noted this several thousand years ago,

"Dark Colors show lesss dirt"
Yes, and I had also accumulated lots of scratches as well, so I purchased the M dead pedal.
Pretty cool idea! My gray pedal is plagued with everything from scratches to cuts to dirt, etc.
Nope... Mine does not get dirty, because I don't use it... My left foot is usually under the clutch pedal...
Errrrr........good point:( But what about when you go into a hard turn:dunno:

Mine, since I have no use for my left foot, is often dirty:bawling: But nothing I can't take care of with a quick wipe down. I will probably be very good about cleaning it once I "Clem-ify" my pedals (enabling SOB).:D
ALEX325i said:
Nope... Mine does not get dirty, because I don't use it... My left foot is usually under the clutch pedal...
Well, I still don't use it... I guess I don't drive my cars hard enough... :angel:
PM 325xiT said:

Errrrr........good point:( But what about when you go into a hard turn:dunno:
Did you talk to Sabrina about it ? maybe she can find something for it :D
PM 325xiT said:
since I have no use for my left foot,
I'm in Florida the 8th to the 15th, I'll be glad to show you how to drive so that you need the dead pedal.:bigpimp: :thumb:

I'm staying at Port Orleans Riverside, in case you get bored:dunno: :D
ALEX325i said:

Well, I still don't use it... I guess I don't drive my cars hard enough... :angel:
As long as it has nothing to do with the purple elephant, I'd be game if she is:dunno: :D
Alex Baumann said:

Did you talk to Sabrina about it ? maybe she can find something for it :D
Oh, shoot. I won't be here. :( I'm planning on working out of Brazil for a couple of weeks... :thumb: ;) Weren't you supposed to come down here in July?

Is Port Orleans Riverside in Tampa? :dunno:
PM 325xiT said:

I'm in Florida the 8th to the 15th, I'll be glad to show you how to drive so that you need the dead pedal.:bigpimp: :thumb:

I'm staying at Port Orleans Riverside, in case you get bored:dunno: :D
I'm at Disney so you'd have had to take a nice drive to visit, which is a good thing:thumb:

We changed to come down the day after school is out. Plus my sister in-law from West Palm is meeting us there and then coming up to PA for a week visit. She's driving up the same day we fly home.:)

If you want you can over night the M key to me and I'll stop by and check in on her for you:bigpimp: :D :thumb:
ALEX325i said:

Oh, shoot. I won't be here. :( I'm planning on working out of Brazil for a couple of weeks... :thumb: ;) Weren't you supposed to come down here in July?

Is Port Orleans Riverside in Tampa? :dunno:
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.