BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought mine should, either it doesn't or I made a mistake making the disk.

Anyone know?

·
Uber Olive Brain
169 Posts
Uncle Fester said:
I thought mine should, either it doesn't or I made a mistake making the disk.
Jeez. Do a search. Nav's don't play MP3s. Only recent Business CD's do (or aftermarket units, of course).

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
darrylo said:
Jeez. Do a search. Nav's don't play MP3s. Only recent Business CD's do (or aftermarket units, of course).
I did a (lazy) search. I thought that if later business CDs did it then so should later NAVs. Since I got mine yesterday I had high hopes.

Yours,

Disappointed.

·
There and back again
2,601 Posts
Uncle Fester said:
I did a (lazy) search. I thought that if later business CDs did it then so should later NAVs. Since I got mine yesterday I had high hopes.
You should be glad the parts get along well enough to play regular CDs. After all, it is an Alpine display updated by a VDO computer which is getting audio through a Becker tuner.

·
ex-M couper
1,749 Posts
Terry Kennedy said:
You should be glad the parts get along well enough to play regular CDs. After all, it is an Alpine display updated by a VDO computer which is getting audio through a Becker tuner.
Aren't standards wonderful things? :p

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Call me old fashioned, but I do expect a CD player to play CDs, despite the technological excuses some may put in the way :)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I didn't try MP3s on my Euro Delivery, but I did bring a couple of BURNed audio CDs and they worked, which I was happy about. (On my honeymoon, we brought one of those burned CDs and the Sony player in the Hotel did not play it). I don't have my car here yet, but I assumed it would not play MP3s as it has been said, only the standard radio/cd player (no Nav) was said to play them.

·
takes the long way home..
1,080 Posts
machmeter said:
My CD player (NAV) plays mp3s & AACs. So does the Alpine CD changer in the trunk.
Just to clarify... your OEM NAV headunit plays MP3 CD's? Not bloody likely.

I'd bet 2 weeks pay your CD burning app converted the MP3s to WAV and you're actually listening to an audio CD.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
shizat63 said:

I'd bet 2 weeks pay your CD burning app converted the MP3s to WAV and you're actually listening to an audio CD.
Yea, I think shizat's right. Especially since if you're thinking it's playing native AAC's you're really smoking something.

·
Adolescent On-Call
3,262 Posts
shizat63 said:

Originally Posted by machmeter
My CD player (NAV) plays mp3s & AACs. So does the Alpine CD changer in the trunk.

I did not write that the "OEM NAV headunit" played anything. :stickpoke :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts