BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Doing Mods/New To the Family/Need help getting started. Smoked taillights illegal?

1164 6
Hey fam, I purchased my 650i in April (wanted this car so bad I had dreams about it and usually awoke disappointed: those days are gone :banana: ). So im a newby to the family. Just changed out the oem kidney grilles for Black ones. Also changed the slat grilles to Black. Today I ordered my Angel Eyes from:

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/

Their websites says I wont get the "error" that Ive read so much about. Also one other post in this forum confirms this. More importantly they are having a 15% off sale (promo code: school) so its a great time to make purchases.

Getting to the point, Im planning on smoking my tail lights and I was wondering if any one knows if this is illegal? Also should I smoke them (as in paint) or tint? From Los Angeles so I've been seeing them more and more which kinda makes me not want to do it but it looks so nice and will def go well with the black/white color scheme im going for.

Lastly, Im new to the forum and would like to add a picture of my car as a part of my signature? as I see so many people have done (after mods). Can anyone help me out.

Thanks, looking for a friend!

PS, I am also in a wheelchair and would like to add perm hand controls without cutting (damaging) the car. If anyone knows of any good ways to go about this please let me know. Yea I know this car is nowhere near ideal for pulling a wheelchair in and out several times a day but what can I say, I fell madly in love with her :whip: . Perhaps I should start a separate post about?
Thanks Again!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I posted one to my albums in my profile. It was when I first got the car. Currently riding M package stocks. Rims where a rough ride. Havent taken new pics since the grille swap. I want to finish the planned mods first.
Welcome Aboard!

The larger wheels do not make for a good ride! Removing the run flats & staying with 19" wheels, make the ride a little bit better. Getting in & out the 6 with any handicap problems will probably be tough. On the good days, the 6 will make you feel a bit younger!

Good Luck!
Congrats on the new car.

Here is a link with instructions on how to add a pic to your signature.
...Lastly, Im new to the forum and would like to add a picture of my car as a part of my signature? as I see so many people have done (after mods). Can anyone help me out.
Congrats and welcome to the forum. They are very informative here and the man YORGI is like the go to person to ask all your difficult questions or DIY's LOL. (side note much thanks for all the information iv'e read from you YORGI )

OP I'm glad to see you jumping right into all the new mods but take it one mod at a time and spend more time just enjoying your new heart full, these cars are really fun and beautiful.
I have the same angel lights from them. I actually went there since they are not too far from me. The replacements are a great color, but no where as bright as the new cars. No errors at all. I'm happy enough to keep them.

I also got LED replacement bulbs for the interior and license plate. I know some people don't care for the look but I like it.

I did try the front and rear LED turn signals but I got errors even with the load resistors. No problem getting a refund. I also picked up HID fog lights but I have not put them in yet.

If you are a major computer geek or connect with a forum member that does programming (coding) you can turn off the error messages.

Enjoy the ride. Good luck. :bigpimp:
Hey fam, I purchased my 650i in April (wanted this car so bad I had dreams about it and usually awoke disappointed: those days are gone :banana: ). So im a newby to the family. Just changed out the oem kidney grilles for Black ones. Also changed the slat grilles to Black. Today I ordered my Angel Eyes from:

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/

Their websites says I wont get the "error" that Ive read so much about. Also one other post in this forum confirms this. More importantly they are having a 15% off sale (promo code: school) so its a great time to make purchases.

Thanks Again!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.