BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using the wiring suggestion from this thread to hardwire my V1 in my E46 convertible.

Took off the plastic around the mirror (the UGDO is on the mirror) but those clips don't look like the ones I want.

So I popped off the overhead light and I found this (the black part) - it isnt connected to anything (had tape over it). It fits the connector I bought at Frys so I am hoping its what I want.

Anyone know what this is? I am going to Radio Shack to get a meter to see if it has power. I hope someone will answer me by the time I get back :D

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think that goes to the cell phone/microphone option, it has that other little wire sticking out about an inch back of the plug. When I first installed my UGDO module, I tried plugging that wire and it of course did not work.

The UGDO would be on the right (passenger) side of the dome light area, if it is there.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I am pretty sure that is the mic connection for the phone.

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! Now I need to find a wire I can tap into for the V1. There is a harness going into the mirror for the UGDO, etc so I need to find a wire in there to use.

·
Registered
262 Posts
hockeynut said:
I am using the wiring suggestion from this thread to hardwire my V1 in my E46 convertible.

Took off the plastic around the mirror (the UGDO is on the mirror) but those clips don't look like the ones I want.

So I popped off the overhead light and I found this (the black part) - it isnt connected to anything (had tape over it). It fits the connector I bought at Frys so I am hoping its what I want.

Anyone know what this is? I am going to Radio Shack to get a meter to see if it has power. I hope someone will answer me by the time I get back :D
Go here - this is where I went to install my V1 - Love the clean look of it - Everyone that see's it love the way it's concealed:

http://m3.madrussian.net/diy_valentine_v1.shtml

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.