BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the stock headlights for a 99 528i have a clear coating on them to protect the lens? I don't want to polish/sand through this and screw things up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
When i did the headlights on my 99 540, i used 2000 grit wet and dry. I found that there was a thin film of something on them. I just kept going till it was all gone and i was happy that most of my chips and pits were gone. I then just polished them up and havnt had a problem for over 6 months.

You can get a set of lenses from ebay.

Boris

·
Registered
697 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
I emailed (ebay) and asked if Hella, waiting to hear back.
I'm also am in the same boat, headlights pitted badly, I tried sanding etc, no good. I'm new to all this and get confused.

It seems there are Projector39 with Predator Angel Eyes for around $399, Hella lenes for $219, and ebay ones for $70. What to do?

I'd like to stick with Hella but for < $200 more the Projector39 with Predator Angel Eyes look good. But there must be a catch, i.e. you get what you pay for?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The umnitza's (that's what you're talking about right? the predators) have a good reputation around here.

·
Registered
697 Posts
lex89 said:
The umnitza's (that's what you're talking about right? the predators) have a good reputation around here.
Yes, and good to know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.