BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have two goals - I've inquired bout becoming both a supporting vendor - no response - and a contributing member - which I attempt to do by helping folks with what knowledge I have to pass on:)

This was for an informational post, you want info, you can contact me or not:)

Thanks for your understanding:):angel:

·
Registered
84 Posts
What's so cool about silver caps under the hood? Maybe it's just me, but I don't get it. :dunno:

·
Spelling Impaired
5,658 Posts
fastcat said:
What's so cool about silver caps under the hood? Maybe it's just me, but I don't get it. :dunno:
No offense, but I agree...the only time I have my hood up is when I am checking fluid levels or performing basic maintenence.

If I am going to spend money on appearances, it will be on something visible all the time like wheels...Of course for me that is about the only exterior mod I can think of doing.

The limit of my "Bling" is the chrome tail pipe tips, but I don't think that really counts since it is a standard part these days.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Desertnate said:

No offense, but I agree...the only time I have my hood up is when I am checking fluid levels or performing basic maintenence.

If I am going to spend money on appearances, it will be on something visible all the time like wheels...Of course for me that is about the only exterior mod I can think of doing.

------> ditto... but each to his/her own.

·
Registered
538 Posts
The demon eyes were cool but I agree with fastcat on this one... What is the purpose of this so called bling that no one will ever get to see except for service people who don't give a snoot.

Unless you are going to tell people about it and boast that you have those :dunno:

·
Site Sponsor
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In a large sense it's the same as many of the hinged strut bars out there, the carbon fiber trim pieces on the hood, and the intake pieces that are blue or whatnot - it's bling...it's not functional, it's for looks.

Show cars need them, people that show off their cars could use them, the average joe, with the BMW whose hood is opened to fill up the washer fluid won't appreciate them.

To each his own, we just come out with product:)

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Are they actually lighter than the OEM plastic pieces? Just wondering.

·
Site Sponsor
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The HACK said:
Are they actually lighter than the OEM plastic pieces? Just wondering.
They are a machined billet aluminum.
The OEM stuff is plastic.
Metal usually weighs more than plastic. I've held them in my hand and there is not an appreciable increase in weight, but it's noticable. So, yes, they do weigh more.

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
they look pretty good, actually. I have too many other things to buy first, but they do add some nice detail underhood for the show guys.

·
Site Sponsor
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The oil cap is coming:) But that's for the next go around:)

This is what they will look like as far as texture. Colors will be clear, black anodized or custom color. You must supply a color sample to me or trust me and/or Jim to read your mind.

Colors will also involve extra cost. It will absolutely be extra cost if you do not pre-purchase the parts - but may be FREE if you order in advance of the first run.

We can only beat up the coatings people when holding major jingle in front of them for all of the pieces. You want to buy one in a month? It will probably be a $40 or more up charge for custom coloration.

You may also request a smooth tooled surface for no extra charge. But again, be quick about it. Custom anything after the parts are built costs moola.

You MAY want to request a custom engraving on it, that will be INDIVIDUALIZED TO YOUR SPEC!

The price that I quoted privately to many of you was not completely correct.

The price is actually inclusive of any shipping charge.

I'm taking orders for this NOW.

[email protected] for pre-order.

To the mods, please move the whole thread to the For Sale section. And, could someone please contact me about vendor status?

·
Site Sponsor
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lori said:
I like the way they look. Could I have a big L engraved on them? Are they easy to install?
yes, except for the brake cap, all the other caps have a flat top surface.

They are pretty easy to install - they screw on and off with some minor clipping in of the existing parts, we'll have an install video available.

·
Site Sponsor
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Custom engraving available (it turns out).
Custom colors available, but you have to make decisions now:)
later it will cost way more:)

here's a facsimile representation of what you want:)

·
Think Snow!
415 Posts
CzTom said:
So where did the term "bling" come from, anyway??:confused:
:bigpimp: Don't you watch cartoons? *BLING* is the sound light makes when it hits a reflective surface.

Lots of jewelry + lots of shiny surfaces + lots of light = bling, bling :bigpimp:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts