BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I got dome light issue today, I found both dome lights (front/rear) are not always working.
This morning when I unlocked and open the door, it turned on but turned off about 20 seconds later even the door was opened. I try to push central dome button, it didn't work. But I tried to locked my car and open again, it worked again. Does someone can tell me how to fix it?
my car is E60 535i 2007 (LCI)

·
Registered
1999 BMW Z3 Roadster 2.5
888 Posts
your car will usually disable them after a specified time with the lights on. usually much more then 20 seconds. Might have just been a hiccup. Do they work normally with the car on?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have changed battery few months ago and how do I check the health of my battery, I use AGM battery, should I register it again?
Today, when I unlocked my car, it didn't work, however when I arrived my office and open the door, it worked... so weird.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Driving the car will run the alternator which will recharge your battery; thus it works. Your battery may be losing charge overnight. If this is repeatable, check your battery.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had this problem before. I registered my battery, charged it and done so many things but nothing helped.
The symptoms were quite similiar to yours seanchen but in addition, the both rear doors did not react to central locking, and I had to close them manually. The dome lights turns on at times and goes dead at their will.
Finally I found a lose fuse into the glove compartment, wiggled it and everything came back to life. Try it, I think it will solve your problem.
Open the glove compartment, remove the fuse cover and begin presing the fuses one by one untill you get your lights back. I believe it was one of the middle fuses but not sure if your car has the same wiring.
Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts