BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car was offloaded from the Don Juan on the 9th, but per BMWNA it has not yet even made it to the VPC!:mad:

My dealer had me expecting delivery on the 12th, looks like they were a week early.
:mad:

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ben Chou said:
Told you so.:flipoff:

My friends car is not expected until next week, about mid-week.
I know you told me so and I would have thought the same. In my mind, three days from port to delivery always seemed too fast to be possible.

I had expected that my salesman's years of experience and routine involvement with BMW deliveries, would render him able to accurately estimate the delivery date. More than once he says it out loud "your car is scheduled at port on the 9th, and scheduled to be here on the 12th." Three days did seem too fast, but I would think a guy in the business would know best.

·
Registered
480 Posts
CD-55 said:

I know you told me so and I would have thought the same. In my mind, three days from port to delivery always seemed too fast to be possible.

I had expected that my salesman's years of experience and routine involvement with BMW deliveries, would render him able to accurately estimate the delivery date. More than once he says it out loud "your car is scheduled at port on the 9th, and scheduled to be here on the 12th." Three days did seem too fast, but I would think a guy in the business would know best.

PS: What boat was your friend's car on?
Same boat as you, Don Juan. That was why I kept commenting on your estimate of the 12th. Docking and VPC are pretty standard time frames. The actually trucking is where you will see discrepencies. Since the trucks are unionized they have a window in which to deliver the cars once it is released to them.

Depending on scenarios, some will get the car to the dealer real quick and then some can take a couple of days.

I don't expect my friends car to hit his dealer until Wednesday or so. He is scheduling pickup on Saturday.

·
Color blind photographer
1,730 Posts
It's off the Don Juan and the Owner's Circle now has an Estimated Delivery Date of 10/17/2002. Delivery to who is what I'd like to know. I guess the dealer? Maybe they're coming on the same truck, who did you buy yours from? I got mine at Passport.

·
Registered
480 Posts
beauport said:
It's off the Don Juan and the Owner's Circle now has an Estimated Delivery Date of 10/17/2002. Delivery to who is what I'd like to know. I guess the dealer? Maybe they're coming on the same truck, who did you buy yours from? I got mine at Passport.
If this is meant for me, the dealer is Passport also. The date on the website is late. It should be at the delaer on Wednesday or Thursday.,

·
Registered
150 Posts
beauport said:
I must say this is very frustrating, for me especially, since I can SEE the Port of Newark from my office window, and yet I can't pick up my car . . . .:mad:

Hey Beauport -- I guess our cars are moving together through all phases of this -- my owner's circle page shows an estimated delivery date of 10/17 also (which is Thursday) -- but does yours still show "en route" (as oppose to at vehicle preparation center) at the status thingy too? It's been that way since last Thursday or so, and of course our wlna.com page both showed the same thing of delivery from on the 10th at 8am . . . .

Here's hoping that I'll be able to pick up at my dealer Friday night . . .

·
Color blind photographer
1,730 Posts
rkny said:

I must say this is very frustrating, for me especially, since I can SEE the Port of Newark from my office window, and yet I can't pick up my car . . . .:mad:

Hey Beauport -- I guess our cars are moving together through all phases of this -- my owner's circle page shows an estimated delivery date of 10/17 also (which is Thursday) -- but does yours still show "en route" (as oppose to at vehicle preparation center) at the status thingy too? It's been that way since last Thursday or so, and of course our wlna.com page both showed the same thing of delivery from on the 10th at 8am . . . .

Here's hoping that I'll be able to pick up at my dealer Friday night . . .
My Owner's Tracking says exactly the same thing. As ED cars we're in theory supposed to get priority movment but who knows if that means anything at all. As long as I can actually drive away from the dealer this Friday or Saturday I'll quickly forget the anxiety of this waiting ordeal.

·
!
106 Posts
Now at VPC

Hey guys, good news. I called BMWNA this morning, and they told me that my car is at the VPC and a work order has already been started on it. That means that our cars could be delivered to our dealers as early as tonight.:thumbup:

·
Color blind photographer
1,730 Posts
Re: Now at VPC

Fingaz said:
Hey guys, good news. I called BMWNA this morning, and they told me that my car is at the VPC and a work order has already been started on it. That means that our cars could be delivered to our dealers as early as tonight.:thumbup:
Thanks and great news. Hopefully all of us waiting for Don Juan's cars are moving through the process. Just wish the BMW Owner's Circle were more accurate and dependable.

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My dealer just called and said that BMWNA says there is some kind of log jam at the port & that I should not expect my car until next week!:mad:

:mad: :mad: :mad: Off the boat on the 9th, on a truck TWO WEEKS later!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
480 Posts
My friend just called BMWNA and his car has been released to Waggoners Trucking. Now it is up to the truckers to get it down. It might actually get there tonight, but most likely tomorrow. Maybe he missed the logjam, who knows.

·
Color blind photographer
1,730 Posts
Okay rkny, you got your binoculars out checking to see if our cars are being loaded onto the trucks....?

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Last year it only took 3 days from VPC to being ready for delivery in MD (of course I was in CT at the time, not expecting it for a few more days)

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just called BMWNA, they told me it just checked in the VPC!

That is good, maybe I will have it by the weekend?

·
Registered
480 Posts
CD-55 said:
I just called BMWNA, they told me it just checked in the VPC!

That is good, maybe I will have it by the weekend?
That seems very likely. I would think it would be here by then

·
Registered
150 Posts
beauport said:
Okay rkny, you got your binoculars out checking to see if our cars are being loaded onto the trucks....?
hell, I'm about to go down there and demand the release of my car :mad: (and yours too, of course . . .)

Actually, I justed called BMWNA also -- they said a work order was printed today on my car and it's scheduled for release to carrier tomorrow . . . .so there is a chance it'll be at the dealer by tomorrow night. Keeping my fingers crossed . . .

·
!
106 Posts
More news

I called BMWNA again this morning, and they told me that my car has been released to the trucking company. :thumbup: Hopefully it will arrive at the dealer today and I can pick it up tomorrow. Our cars are almost here! :bigpimp:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi Fingaz -- thanks for the update. Just out of curiosity, from which dealer are you buying the car? I bought mine from Park Ave BMW -- I wonder if our cars would be on the same truck?

·
!
106 Posts
rkny said:
Hi Fingaz -- thanks for the update. Just out of curiosity, from which dealer are you buying the car? I bought mine from Park Ave BMW -- I wonder if our cars would be on the same truck?
I bought mine from King BMW in Freehold. I believe Park Ave is in Maywood, so our cars are probably not on the same truck. Lets just hope our babies get to the dealers today. Let me know if you hear anything from your dealer. Have you scheduled a delivery date with your sales rep yet?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts