BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my 2009 328i is having issues. A hose that has coolant in it has come disconnected from the engine but the valve or hookup metal piece is broken and not a single mechanic in my town can identify what the metal piece is. If anyone knows what it is please let me know because I need it fixed ASAP as it***8217;s my only vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys my 2009 328i is having issues. A hose that has coolant in it has come disconnected from the engine but the valve or hookup metal piece is broken and not a single mechanic in my town can identify what the metal piece is. If anyone knows what it is please let me know because I need it fixed ASAP as it's my only vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Hey guys my 2009 328i is having issues. A hose that has coolant in it has come disconnected from the engine but the valve or hookup metal piece is broken and not a single mechanic in my town can identify what the metal piece is. If anyone knows what it is please let me know because I need it fixed ASAP as it's my only vehicle
The part that is broken off is a common point of failure for the coolant hose. Usually it's part of the hose assembly as depicted in the other post. If you go to realoem.com and enter your VIN, it's possible to find the whole assembly p/n and cross that to rockauto or FCP euro.

You could upgrade to an aluminum part but given all the oil on the front of the engine, probably from the oil filter housing gasket failure, you should replace the hose as well.

While you're at it, have the serpentine belt checked for oil and think about replacing the tensioner if you have more than 100000 miles on the car.

You might also consider moving since the mechanics in your town are, apparently, less than competent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts