BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of you out there that have ever wondered whether your key fob was waterproof but were afraid to test it, fret not. I have performed the testing for you. It is waterproof! I wore my swim trunks to the pool yesterday and forgot that I put the key fob in my pocket. I was in the pool and hot tub for two straight hours before I realized my mistake. It's either waterproof or I'm extremely lucky because the thing still worked. I opened the battery panel and found a dry battery and pc board. Holy crap, not a drop of water inside the case.

· ///Multiple
4,586 Posts
From your post indicating that you "opened the battery panel", am I correct in assuming that your car has Comfort Access and your fob is the kind that comes with Comfort Access that has the replaceable battery?

· Banned
10,511 Posts
So it's true. We ARE better off than we were several years ago.
Talk to F30 owners about that.

Current issue: FEM [Har!] module causes many electric devices to turn on/off without operator input of any kind.

Lights. Windshield wipers. Stereo. You name it....bit of an issue....associated with driving in rain storms, this sounds like HPFP redux....

Possibly linked to phase o'Moon.

· Registered
904 Posts
I dropped mine a couple weeks ago while juggling several handloads of 'stuff' and it stayed outside, all night through a rain storm.

Mine's 'sealed' and still working.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From your post indicating that you "opened the battery panel", am I correct in assuming that your car has Comfort Access and your fob is the kind that comes with Comfort Access that has the replaceable battery?
Yes, I have Comfort Access. Fortunately, everything seems to be working just fine (knock on wood).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.