BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Everything's Bigger in TX
7,121 Posts
Is your hood closed all the way? I know that on my old Volvo, that was a common issue. The car would lock, but not signal. Since there are two latches on this car, and I've seen cars with only 1/2 closed hoods in pictures on here, I wonder if it could be the same...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no beep-beep

Tried closing the hood. But it still does not have the beep-beep when I lock. Such a pain if I have to take it in...and I would just because I don't know if something else might not be working...like the airbags! If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.:tsk:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Tried closing the hood. But it still does not have the beep-beep when I lock. Such a pain if I have to take it in...and I would just because I don't know if something else might not be working...like the airbags! If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.:tsk:
Did you accidentally turn it off in the settings menu?

·
Registered
9 Posts
This happened to me when I refilled the washer fluid. Try re losing the hood again and starting the car. After that it worked fine.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Same thing here! Just tried reclosing hood and still no luck, I forget when exactly it stopped working but now I wonder if this was after I installed the black kidney grills.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I'm having the same problem now. I double checked the settings and opened and closed the hood a couple of times and still no chime - the lights flash alright. Is there a fuse on this circuit? If so, where is it? Where is the gadget that chimes? Can it be easiy replaced? Does anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Thanks. Taking the car to the dealer is something I don't want to do so if that is the only fix I guess I'm going to have to live without the chime. Is "code upgrade" some form of software update?

·
The Driver
4,641 Posts
Did you accidentally turn it off in the settings menu?
This is the most likely explanation. I have mine turned off deliberately.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts