BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2015 BMW 650 GC and the car has Comfort Access.

Intermittently, the keyless door handle locking does not work. I am not sure why and I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

It is possible I am not doing something right so it would be most appreciative if you can help me out.

Thanks

·
'Fest Advisor
1,409 Posts
Never had any issue of it not working intermittently. If it is not working, there is something up with your car or maybe low battery in the key (assuming you are using comfort access correctly, which I'm sure you are).

·
Registered
848 Posts
Be sure that the door is closed securely. If it is not closed all the way, Comfort Access will not work on that door. Happened to me the other day.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I recently purchased a 2015 BMW 650 GC and the car has Comfort Access.

Intermittently, the keyless door handle locking does not work. I am not sure why and I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

It is possible I am not doing something right so it would be most appreciative if you can help me out.

Thanks
When it doesn't work, check to see if it will work on one of the other door handles right after. you could have a door handle that is starting to fail.

·
Registered
848 Posts
When it doesn't work, check to see if it will work on one of the other door handles right after. you could have a door handle that is starting to fail.

That is also true if that particular door is not shut tight. These car are notorious for not getting the doors shut night unless you are aggressive with them. If any BMW should have soft close doors standard equipment it’s the GC.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
That is also true if that particular door is not shut tight. These car are notorious for not getting the doors shut night unless you are aggressive with them. If any BMW should have soft close doors standard equipment it’s the GC.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
I've never experienced this as my car is equipped with soft close doors.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Happened to me again yesterday. I always put my briefcase in the back seat. When I parked at work, opened the left rear door to get my case, closed the door but couldn’t lock the door from the rear door. Sure enough, door wasn’t closed tightly. I guess I need to be a little firmer with that door. May have to get it adjusted.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

1 - 7 of 7 Posts