Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

So I already posted here on the same issue, but never really fixed it. My key only works for trunk and ignition (physically), for the drivers door I have a separate key, which implies that there is a new lock. Now, I recently was able to program the key, so now with a press of a button I can do the following:

1. Lock everything
2. Unlock passenger door and trunk (NOT the driver door)
3. Open the trunk

Basically I'm wondering why the key wouldn't unlock the drivers door, but does lock it? Could be the wiring issue, or is it the matter of a different lock?

Thanks

·
Banned
5,4,6 BMW X3 All...196K +
3,509 Posts
Hello,

Basically I'm wondering why the key wouldn't unlock the drivers door, but does lock it? Could be the wiring issue, or is it the matter of a different lock?

Thanks
Here's what I think...
With a BMW problem there is always several possible solutions.

1 the easiest...key fob battery is dieing and needs replacement or charging

2 someone has been behind the door panel and has not made the correction or has something not correctly done...does the window work? did the window ever work for you? Do you know the cars history? Is the car New to you?

3 you may simply need a new door lock actuator...the same above questions apply here as well...

4 or yes, you may have a wire harness break,tare or dissconnect problem ...the same above questions apply here as well...

5 it is totally possible that the lock button that... you see that goes up and down when you lock the door...it may be tight and therefore mis-aligned

Your outside the car, two feet away...
using the key fob, with the doors all locked and Windows up and sunroof closed...press and hold the open button on your diamond head key... with the 1st press the drivers door should unlock, on the 2nd press, all other locks should unlock, now with the third press and hold all of the windows should start rolling down and also the roof should start sliding to open position all at the same time...*important...this operation only happens if everything is in sync and aligned and operational and if it hasn't been recoded to function differently...but you have a much earlier model.

06 X3 199k
05 X3 181k
04 X3 162k

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 the easiest...key fob battery is dieing and needs replacement or charging
I should have mentioned that the button inside also only unlocks one door, but battery in the key fob is a PITA to replace, cause you can't exactly open the key.

2 someone has been behind the door panel and has not made the correction or has something not correctly done...does the window work? did the window ever work for you? Do you know the cars history? Is the car New to you?
The windows work, I've been behind the panel :rofl::rofl: I do not know the history, but like I said, the key is different for one single door... I don't wanna know why, haha

3 you may simply need a new door lock actuator...the same above questions apply here as well...
The door lock works with the physical key so maybe I do need a new actuator, I wonder if there is a way to check.

4 or yes, you may have a wire harness break,tare or dissconnect problem ...the same above questions apply here as well...

5 it is totally possible that the lock button that... you see that goes up and down when you lock the door...it may be tight and therefore mis-aligned
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into those.:thumbup:

·
Banned
5,4,6 BMW X3 All...196K +
3,509 Posts
I should have mentioned that the button inside also only unlocks one door, but battery in the key fob is a PITA to replace, cause you can't exactly open the key.

The windows work, I've been behind the panel :rofl::rofl: I do not know the history, but like I said, the key is different for one single door... I don't wanna know why, haha

The door lock works with the physical key so maybe I do need a new actuator, I wonder if there is a way to check.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into those.
See....https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12793717

06 X3 199k
05 X3 181k
04 X3 162k

1 - 4 of 4 Posts