BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 95 540i has had a front passenger door lock glitch ever since I bought it. Have had to operate it manually while the other doors have been working fine, locking and unlocking with key (not remote). Yesterday, when I went to lock the doors from the drivers side, nothing happened but when I went to front passenger side the key locked and unlocked all the doors. When I sat in the drivers seat and tried to push the lock down it would not budge but when I reached over and tried the passenger side all worked fine. Then I couldn't unlock driver door manually...i was trapped until I manually unlocked the front passenger side.What's up with the locks???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ThoreauHD, can I assume the door panels are fairly easy to remove to get to the actuators? Do you know of a link possibly with step by step procedure? How can they work from the one location that didn't work before....? Puzzling ???

·
"Clunker" *****
4,684 Posts
About 1/30 times my passenger door does not unlock with the others. My wife considers it a personal insult, but for 1 out of 30 times I can't see paying for a fix. (It always works on the 2nd try.) It's just oe of those wierd things (gremlins).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ProRail, I do agree ...Gremlins indeed. First the front right door doesn't work with the key and all three others do...then the one that didn't work does work with the key and the other three don't...gotta luv it...pfm. Would rather have all manual locks like the old days ya know...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.