Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my used 2007 335i I recently replaced with a new to me (used) right rear door lock actuator. I noticed at the time that the led light was just hanging inside the door. I left it and proceeded to install the door lock actuator. Everything was good. Then I decided to tackle the light. I was able to feed it up to the door handle with some jiggering and I was able to get it installed. I reattached the door handle and closed the door. Then I tried to open the door but the handle was jammed. I was able to decompress the back of the door actuator to open the door. I realized that the door handle mechanism itself had gotten jammed. There is a little plastic piece that the door handle connects to. I can reach up and try and push it toward the outside of the door but something is blocking it from moving all the way. I'm thinking my jiggering to get the light in has somehow dislodged something else. It looks like the bowden cable is still installed correctly. Any help with fixing this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ended up fiddling around with the plastic part and I eventually got it to pivot all the way in and out. I have no idea was was blocking it but now it is working.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts