BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
vek-mw
1,154 Posts
does anyone have any idea on how to re-upholster the door panels on a 95 325is? and does the center panel not come off or is it permanently adhered? thanks!:confused:
what type of material are you trying to use? this can be a pain in the @ss if you dont have enough experience. As for the door inserts, yes they are attached permanently, you would need to find a way to attach them back (plastic welding could be a possibility)

·
Official Queen of E36 OT
4,460 Posts
You don't want to tackle this on your own. However, interview the upholstery places and get multiple references before committing to them. I only got two references and did a quick interview and ended up with really shoddy service... so be wary. This is a rather expensive job too, so be ready to pay a bunch. The inside panel comes off but it's glued on; epoxy worked for me, and it's what the upholsterer used on mine, and that part is actually staying on so far (knock on wood).

·
Registered
486 Posts
does anyone have any idea on how to re-upholster the door panels on a 95 325is? and does the center panel not come off or is it permanently adhered? thanks!:confused:
The centre section does come out. After I got hold of a set of leather seats I got the material covered inserts recovered in leather by an auto-upholsterer. I am very happy with the result. I have done both the front and rear inserts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have a drivers door panel for a 1994 E36 convertible in beige, or a set for both front doors, or just the tray insert for the driver's door? All I really need are the two plastic trays, cant buy those, so willing to swap out panels.
Any and all help or advice is appreciated.

thanks

Dave

·
D'oh, You Kids!
1984 633CSi, 1985 635CSi, 1985 325e, 1987 325is, 1993 325is, 1995 318is, 1995 M3, 2003 F150
31,082 Posts
Welcome to the fest!

You may want to post that in the want ads forum. And good luck. Good coupe/convertible door panels are pretty doggone rare and command a premium price. The good part is you're looking for beige, which isn't a high-demand color. Most people are looking for black.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.