BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the aluminum trim in my coupe and have noticed that dings are collecting in the door trim. I'm not positive but suspect the seat belt may be the cause. Anybody else?

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Are you letting go of your seatbelt and letting it retract on its own? I think aluminum tends to ding easily...

·
IntarWeb Stalker
10,068 Posts

·
Not a real doctor.
5,702 Posts
'Kinda miss those old avatars.

Yeah.... you have to put the seat belt back rather than let it snap back on it's own. It's pretty easy to change your habits on this one.

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
This may be different on the coupe due to different dimensions, but on the sedan, if I adjust the retainer on the belt to the lowest level (where it hits the plastic bump on the belt) it generally forces the seat belt clip down low enough to where it would not hit the door trim but rather the door's plastic parts if I let it snap back.

Here is a picture...

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
I let mine retract reeeeeal gently. Also, I warn my daughter when getting out at school to watch her pack pack full of metal zippers/clips/etc as she flings it around toward her shoulder. Yeooooowwww!

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
I hear you...I have tried to be consious of it. Unfortunately the damage is done.
:wow:

The doors of the coupe extend farther back than the sedan, but this is pretty close to the middle of the door, is it not?

:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts