BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'04 X5 (E53) passenger front door will not open from inside or outside - lock button goes up and down on command - any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for responding - but my problem is a step ahead of this. The door is shut and I am unable to get the door open. I need directions on how to break into my own car,,, Thank you!!

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,513 Posts
Open the driver***8217;s door?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Doug I appreciate your willingness to work with me. I think I maybe left out some details...
I can get in the car - the other 3 doors work perfectly. The front passenger door will not open from inside or out. The handles have no resistance when you try opening. The lock button goes up and down as per normal. So I am actually looking for a way to open the door without having to destroy the door card. Thanks again!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks like your door actuator is the problem. There’s a post somewhere here or on another forum I’ll link it. A piece that unlocks the car gets rusted up and does pop to the unlock position when you unlock the car. You can’t open from the inside because on these cars when you lock the car with the remote and the alarm gets armed then you can’t open it from the inside due to security reasons and that probably got stuck when you locked it with the key and now it won’t go the open position. The lock pin is activated through a motor so I goes up when the car is “unlocked”. Good luck!

Link: https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566900#/topics/566900

Hope this helps!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

1 - 6 of 6 Posts