BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2001 330ci. The doors lock and unlock just fine when using the remote key. But when I turn off the engine the doors do not automatically unlock. I have to unlock them by pressing the button just so I can get out of the car. Any Idea how I can fix this, (Its kind of annoying when I'm on a date and the girl tries to open the door herself and it's locked, I just say I have it that way so I can open it for her:rofl:)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Tell her to pull the door handle twice and she can open her own door 'cuz you can't "fix it", they don't work that way. I assume you also have a button on the dash that locks/unlocks the doors.

dj

·
Registered
393 Posts
Unlock doors

Tell her to pull the door handle twice and she can open her own door 'cuz you can't "fix it", they don't work that way. I assume you also have a button on the dash that locks/unlocks the doors.

dj
Same on my 2002 325i.

You have to pull the handle twice or hit the unlock all doors button near the hand brake. If you use the button it also allows you to open the gas fuel door.

I had to get the dealer program the car for all doors to lock as soon as you drove away. I think it is set at 10 or 15 kms

·
Registered
34 Posts
The dealer can also program the car so it unlocks when you remove the Ingition key from the dash.

I programmed that on my E65

Same on my 2002 325i.

You have to pull the handle twice or hit the unlock all doors button near the hand brake. If you use the button it also allows you to open the gas fuel door.

I had to get the dealer program the car for all doors to lock as soon as you drove away. I think it is set at 10 or 15 kms

1 - 4 of 4 Posts