BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BMW CATRACHO!!!!
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys, I heard that double clutching is the best way to shift while on a race. But exactly what is it? how do you do it? and is it really the best way? thanx a lot people. cheers :thumbup:

·
Analyst + Therapist = ...
8,102 Posts
I had a '63 Jag

Double clutch=good

·
an audience of One
7,853 Posts
I've heard of people double clutching when rev-matching on downshifts, but don't know anyone who actually does this.

·
Registered
48 Posts
ive always found that doing that is to slow if your drag racing..if you get it right a normal shift durring hard acceleration is much better. ive raced some people and smoked them because they are wasting time double shifting durring a streight line race. double shifting is mandatory when down shifting on a corner so you dont get loose or mess up a smooth apex entrance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i double clutch to save gas. keeps the RPM at a more constant rate. even though you use more gas a higher RPMs it will use more when the RPMs change frequently. that why highway mile a rated higher than city miles.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
ive always found that doing that is to slow if your drag racing..if you get it right a normal shift durring hard acceleration is much better. ive raced some people and smoked them because they are wasting time double shifting durring a streight line race. double shifting is mandatory when down shifting on a corner so you dont get loose or mess up a smooth apex entrance.
anyone who double clutches on the upshift during a drag race is a fool :rofl:. Double clutching on a downshift around a track however, is completely necessary.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
I always double clutch every gear I downshift, whether I'm driving fast and having fun, or just going to 7-11 for cigarrettes. It's a lot smoother.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts