BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Constantly Learning
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a M5 yesterday. I'd been keeping my eye on the market for a few months now, but it had to be right and I really wanted private party. Found it, and i think both parties feel good about the transaction.

2002 Le Mans/Black with titanium trim, and a lot of nice extras I probably would have wanted to put on myself -- Rogue SSK, Dinan exhaust, Euro rotors, iPod adapter.

Haven't had any time to fuss over and get her ready for pics, but here's a thread from two years ago -- and only about 11K miles have gone by since then:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sale-wanted/140786-fs-02-lemans-blue-m5.html

I've got myself established over at M5Board, but I'm planning on sticking around here as well. My really nice 530 is listed in the For Sale section, if you know anyone looking to get in on some E39 madness.

I'm going to love having two "old" M cars. Two body styles ago is just perfect for me.

·
Der Ursprüngliche....Albo
1,008 Posts
Beautiful Car.... here's one of the pics over here...

·
Corey
707 Posts
That's my dream M5! Congrats big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm more than jealous right now!

EDIT: Let me rephrase that... not only is it my dream m5... but my dream car in general!

·
Registered
782 Posts
wow beautiful m5 love the color, im scared to ask how much you paid? lol

·
Registered
8,775 Posts
Nice car, if no drive train problems. I would like to have it myself.

Not to piss on your dream but did you have a dealer do a pre-purchase inspection or anything of the kind?

·
Constantly Learning
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all. Like I said, been so busy I haven't had time to properly enjoy the idea of such a beast in my driveway.

Price was fair -- both buyer and seller were educated on these cars. I didn't pay his advertised price -- a thorough PPI by Martin Motorsports uncovered some normal wear issues, nothing unexpected for this car and this mileage. And I'm really psyched I was able to avoid the dealer markup.

I got a piece of amazing news after I bought -- the former owner from that 09 thread tells me the full Insp. II was done at 56K -- only 11K miles ago! So I'm good there for a good while.

Some little things I need to address -- broken cup holder, cig lighter doesn't lay flat, CD cartridge isn't popping out -- stuff like that. Of course the iPod adapter will make up for that, but everything needs to be perfect. Clean and lexol the entire interior, etc. and so forth.

Looking forward to the weekend. :thumbup:

·
El Macho
203 Posts
Edgy 36,

Very clean looking car! I'm looking at a few M5's now and currently own a 99 540i 6 speed sport. Would it be too much to ask you to keep me updated on how the car runs, any mechanical issues that pop up etc. compaired to the 530 or 540.

Thanks.

·
Its how I roll
304 Posts
Purchased a M5 yesterday. I'd been keeping my eye on the market for a few months now, but it had to be right and I really wanted private party. Found it, and i think both parties feel good about the transaction.

2002 Le Mans/Black with titanium trim, and a lot of nice extras I probably would have wanted to put on myself -- Rogue SSK, Dinan exhaust, Euro rotors, iPod adapter.

Haven't had any time to fuss over and get her ready for pics, but here's a thread from two years ago -- and only about 11K miles have gone by since then:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sale-wanted/140786-fs-02-lemans-blue-m5.html

I've got myself established over at M5Board, but I'm planning on sticking around here as well. My really nice 530 is listed in the For Sale section, if you know anyone looking to get in on some E39 madness.

I'm going to love having two "old" M cars. Two body styles ago is just perfect for me.
Nice to meet someone with the same disease as I.
Purchased my 1985 M635csi new - yes, new - when I was travelling in Germany in '85. I have been looking
around for an E39 M series but haven't yet found one in the kind of condition that you scored. Just curious,
will this be a daily driver or a garage queen like mine?

The car looks great, congrats and best of luck with it.

·
Constantly Learning
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alfonso -- sure, will do.

Terry -- wow, a Euro M6 bought new?! Gorgeous car. Now that I have two Ms, they will both be somewhere between garage queen and daily. They will both get miles, but not daily driver numbers. Plus I can work from home a lot too, thankfully.

Will give the car some TLC this weekend weather allowing, and get some of my own pics up.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Purchased a M5 yesterday..........2002 Le Mans/Black with titanium trim, and a lot of nice extras I probably would have wanted to put on myself -- Rogue SSK, Dinan exhaust, Euro rotors, iPod adapter.............
Very nice. One of my favorite colors.

You should consider driving up to Columbus for Timmayfest 2011. Last year, there were over 130 cars from all over; NY, VA, MN, TX, GA, TN, PA, MI, IN, IL, IA, WV, NJ, MD, and a few others. Many E39 M5's. One guy drove in from CA.

Timmayfest 2011

·
Stupendous Man
23 Posts
Beautiful car OP.....

Very nice. One of my favorite colors.

You should consider driving up to Columbus for Timmayfest 2011. Last year, there were over 130 cars from all over; NY, VA, MN, TX, GA, TN, PA, MI, IN, IL, IA, WV, NJ, MD, and a few others. Many E39 M5's. One guy drove in from CA.

Timmayfest 2011
We had 22 E39 M5's there last year, hoping to get into the 30's this year. I would like to organize a group photo this year.......

·
Constantly Learning
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Love those seats also with the slightly rougher inner lining.
Thanks, and me too. I'm sure BMW has an exact name for that, which I'd like to know.

I may head to a local dealership with proof of ownership and see if they will print me a build/option sheet, off the VIN.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Wow lovely! Congrats! I'm supremely jealous. I miss my m3 every day and an e39 m5 is my dream car.

If you want the build specs and maintenance records email or pm the guys at Tischer. Evan ([email protected]) was kind enough to email me all the records on my car :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.