Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all great forum. Hope to get some help. 2011 X5 3.5d with 180K miles. Regen hasn't happening in 10K miles. Using Carly...

Coolant temp 82-85C (other temp to monitor?)
Measured Soot Mass 49-50G
Soot Mass 60g
Ash 16g
Exhaust back pressure before DPF 1900-2800 hPa while driving
Diff pressure on the particulate 125hPa-200hPa while driving

Have forced regen using Carly but still no regen after nearly 700 miles. Took a bunch of 45 minutes ride over 50MPH

I do have 3 CEL codes
003FC0 Air Flow sensor
003FF1 Air Flow sensor
0046EB Reducing Agent transfer pump (DEF fluid Passive to Active transfer pump not working)

Local BMW dealer said I need to perform a walnut blasting and replace DPF all for $10K! I'm in Northern NJ. Found an independent BMW mechanic 45 minutes away that said he can clean DPF and perform walnut blasting if needed but that is stilll around $4-5K. Before I decide to spend that $$ I thought I would try to get a regen done.

Would these codes be stopping the Regen? Any other parameters to monitor that need to be met to have a regen run?

thanks!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hi all great forum. Hope to get some help. 2011 X5 3.5d with 180K miles. Regen hasn't happening in 10K miles. Using Carly...

Coolant temp 82-85C (other temp to monitor?)
Measured Soot Mass 49-50G
Soot Mass 60g
Ash 16g
Exhaust back pressure before DPF 1900-2800 hPa while driving
Diff pressure on the particulate 125hPa-200hPa while driving

Have forced regen using Carly but still no regen after nearly 700 miles. Took a bunch of 45 minutes ride over 50MPH

I do have 3 CEL codes
003FC0 Air Flow sensor
003FF1 Air Flow sensor
0046EB Reducing Agent transfer pump (DEF fluid Passive to Active transfer pump not working)

Local BMW dealer said I need to perform a walnut blasting and replace DPF all for $10K! I'm in Northern NJ. Found an independent BMW mechanic 45 minutes away that said he can clean DPF and perform walnut blasting if needed but that is stilll around $4-5K. Before I decide to spend that $$ I thought I would try to get a regen done.

Would these codes be stopping the Regen? Any other parameters to monitor that need to be met to have a regen run?

thanks!
Fairly certain that one or both Air flow codes are blocking periodic regeneration, possibly also the recuctant code.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply. I'm going to take it into the independent shop next week and see what they say.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts