BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Found the Search Button
2018 330i F30
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm joining the ranks of F30 members now and I honestly never thought I would say that.

Came from a pair of E90/92s with nice firm suspensions, naturally aspirated N52 engines, and communicative hydraulic power steering racks. At some point I switched over to an i3 and loved the instant torque. Throughout owning all of these cars, I would get the occasional F30 loaner and complain about the electronic steering and turbos. I swore I'd skip the F30 and wait for the G20 or i4 as my "next".

Fast forward a a bit and I find myself in need of a replacement for my i3. What to get in this COVID market? Ended up at the dealer staring at a lot full of off-lease 2018 330i s. Took one for a drive and I was pleasantly surprised! The B46 is smooth and has great pickup, rarely do I notice any lag. Even the EPS seems better than I remember... could it be my experience with the i3 or did they improve the steering at some point? Also, the LCI interior is a very nice place to be - loving the new beige/black color combo, and the stitching (albeit fake) they added to the dash is a great little detail. I'm really, really liking this car.

This is one of the first cars I don't really know what I want to change on it. All I can come up with so far is the BMW aluminum pedals and maybe if I'm brave putting the 8.8" iDrive screen in. Maybe louder exhaust, BMW PE?

It's been fun reading all the back threads on this model, I've got a lot to catch up on.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,992 Posts
Congrats on your new car. I think you’ll really enjoy it. The LCI improved several things such as improved steering. The B46 is a fine little motor. A definite improvement over the N20/26. It has plenty of power.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Congrats on your new car. We are currently waiting for our custom ordered 2021 model to ship And are really looking forward to driving it. It will be replacing our leased 540.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Congrats! I also feel like the F30 LCI is a great choice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts