BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rogue Engineering Oil Filter Lid...one of the few inexpensive ways to dress up your car!!

This fits the following vehicles
E30 318i
E32 735i
E34 525i, 535i
E36 318 (M42), M3, 325, M Roadster/Coupe
E46 M3

The Rogue Engineering CNC'd Oil Filter Lid was created to improve the looks of the engine compartment by replacing the cast factory part with machined version which dimensionally emulates the factory version. This cover replaces the factory cover P/N 11-42-1-711-075.

Made from 6061-T6 aluminum, this cover seals like factory and installs in minutes. Available in brushed aluminum or pewter anodized finish with Rogue Engineering logo.

You can find it on our site here.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nice looking , but D.... that big bolthead in the middle of the picture spoils
the look of it.

·
17,965 Posts
That's what I was thinking... Looks like something made in my garage... out of place in a Bimmer.

·
Banned
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CNC'd Oil Filter Lid

Maybe it can be changed to a nice stainless allen head cap screw?

Then it would look sweeeet!:thumbup:
Well the the problem is THAT is the stock bolt. The OEM bolt is almost a $10 part. I'm sure it would be quite expensive to custom make that bolt unless you made them in large quantities and that would raise the price on the product. Check out the bolt...

Check out the before and after below. I think the lid dresses up my engine compartment a lot. We just received a shipment today and I put one on my own car. it took less than 5 minutes, using a 13mm socket and you re-use the rubber gasket from the OEM lid.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thats like putting lipstick on a donkey!

Machine Titanium bolt with allen wrench head.

Set the bolt head flush in to the cap.

·
Banned
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bolt envy

Thats like putting lipstick on a donkey!

Machine Titanium bolt with allen wrench head.

Set the bolt head flush in to the cap.
Thanks for your input. How much more would you be willing to pay for an 7.5" long titanium bolt with a more attractive hex head?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.