Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a rain or a car wash, there are water drip marks stretching down the door under the mirrors and door handles. This does not happen on my wife's 2018 or previous 2015. Is this normal?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 98K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
16,459 Posts
I have to carefully dry those areas of my X5 to avoid “drip marks.”

·
Registered
42 Posts
After a rain or a car wash, there are water drip marks stretching down the door under the mirrors and door handles. This does not happen on my wife's 2018 or previous 2015. Is this normal?
I had this on my previous X3 and recently on my Audi Q5. So perhaps not abnormal.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You need an air hose to blow out the mirror housing. I have a small air compressor with an air "trigger" on the hose and blow out the insides of the mirror housing. No drips. Many car washes in my area, where you manually vacuum the car, also have air hoses for that same purpose.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use my yard blower to blow off my cars, and bikes after washing Does a great job getting rid of the excess water in the crevasses. Then I just towel dry the drips if needed.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I use my yard blower to blow off my cars, and bikes after washing Does a great job getting rid of the excess water in the crevasses. Then I just towel dry the drips if needed.
Now there's a smart man! I do the same with my ceramic coated 400 vert. I just use the hose and any stuff on the car just rolls off and then it is blown dry! Just like Joe's car wash!!:giggle::giggle:(y)

·
Stuart in Houston
641 Posts
Great idea!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I've been drying my vehicles with a blower for 2 decades. Just know that some people will stare at you and try to figure out what you are doing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts