BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Drive control light on..turn signal wont shut off automatically

9320 Views 11 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  RTGrove
Guys,
The drive control light on my dash is on and my turn signal wont shut off automatically whenever i make a turn. Also, i get a "parking brake fault" when i turn the car off and remove the key. Any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
When you get a parking brake fault is there a ABS Illuminated in the center section where the temperature is usually displayed?
hey Rookie..
no ABS, just the "park brake fault," it flashes when i remove the key..
the "park brake fault," flashes in the center console where the temperature is usually displayed..
Humm...... Have you checked the battery? an alternator?
this may sound stupid but check your powersteering fluid ..

if the turn signal is not returning could also be a fault in the steering colum ie angle sensor
oh and btw does the parking brake function work at all ? if you press the button will it hold ??
rookie, i think the battery and alternator works well...
alpinaman, the parking brake function works fine, i can turn it on and off.
I'm sorry I am unable to assist you any further. Is there any way you could get to a local Indy? I would have the look at it at this point, sorry.
thanks rookie, i found a thread about the "drive control" issue..there seems to be a problem with the steering angle signal.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...hlight=drive+control+light+turn+signal&page=2
+1 Had the same problem a few weeks ago. The level of powersteering fluid was low. You can only use Pentosin CHF 11s. Its like 20$ at the dealer.
this may sound stupid but check your powersteering fluid ..
Faulty steering angle sensor will cause all of those symptoms.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.