BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
You do know that they are not giving away the coupon at most events ?
That's true. It doesn't look like BMW is offering the $1,000 incentive like in years past, but you still get to test drive as many BMWs as you want in a pressure-free environment with free drinks and snacks. Afterwards, some dealers actually give participants $1,000 incentive on their next BMW purchase as a thank you for attending.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's true. It doesn't look like BMW is offering the $1,000 incentive like in years past, but you still get to test drive as many BMWs as you want in a pressure-free environment with free drinks and snacks. Afterwards, some dealers actually give participants $1,000 incentive on their next BMW purchase as a thank you for attending.
I can confirm this. I did a "Drive for a Cause" event at my local dealership on Wednesday and I read online and was even told by the sales guy I talked to afterwards that they were not doing the $1000 credit.

But I just got an email five minutes ago from the dealer with a $1k certificate. So I would give it a shot anyway and see - like 07X3platinum says, worst case scenario you get to drive some fun cars and enjoy free snacks.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I can confirm this. I did a "Drive for a Cause" event at my local dealership on Wednesday and I read online and was even told by the sales guy I talked to afterwards that they were not doing the $1000 credit.

But I just got an email five minutes ago from the dealer with a $1k certificate. So I would give it a shot anyway and see - like 07X3platinum says, worst case scenario you get to drive some fun cars and enjoy free snacks.
Thats great! I wouldnt be surprised if they are keeping it in the DL or if its discretionary so if you are borderline in the market they will incentivize you.

Can you post the expiration date and any terms?

·
Registered
973 Posts

The email was from the dealer, not BMW, correct? I see that some dealers are giving $1,000 coupons at their drive events but I assume that they have restrictions.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thats great! I wouldnt be surprised if they are keeping it in the DL or if its discretionary so if you are borderline in the market they will incentivize you.

Can you post the expiration date and any terms?
No real terms included - it's $1000 off any new inventory and $3000 off 6 and 7 series. The big headline says "Must take delivery by August 31, 2016" but the fine print says "Offer expires 7/31/16" so I'm guessing you'd have to have the paperwork signed by the end of the month.

The email was from the dealer, not BMW, correct? I see that some dealers are giving $1,000 coupons at their drive events but I assume that they have restrictions.
Correct - I got a separate thank you message from BMW North America, and then another message from the dealer with the certificate.

Hope this info helps!

·
BMW Snow Plow User
2,233 Posts
A dealer coupon is not the same thing as a BMW coupon. They come out of different pockets. The BMW coupon doesn't affect your haggling with the dealer, but a dealer coupon does.

What kind of cars are they dragging around this year?

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
I wouldnt be surprised if they are keeping it in the DL or if its discretionary so if you are borderline in the market they will incentivize you.
It's not a BMWUSA program that is on the DL or discretionary. If your are getting something, it's from the dealer.

MJB

·
Registered
956 Posts

Which dealer did you do the event at?

·
Registered
27 Posts
i walked into morristown bmw last week to test drive an i3. they were running this event. i asked if they were offering incentives they said no. next day someone from the dealership called/email me they said they were offering $1k incentive. but since its a dealer incentive rather bmwusa incentive it's probably just the same as negotiating 1k off the sale price.

·
Registered
984 Posts
i walked into morristown bmw last week to test drive an i3. they were running this event. i asked if they were offering incentives they said no. next day someone from the dealership called/email me they said they were offering $1k incentive. but since its a dealer incentive rather bmwusa incentive it's probably just the same as negotiating 1k off the sale price.
Exactly, and for the most part and for all intents basically useless. I think most of us are unlikely to buy from our local dealers since sponsors are more likely to provide a better deal and experience.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts