BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
paddle shifter
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I went to the Drive for the Cure in Santa Monica. It was great... lots of fun driving up PCH and Sunset. Fortunately, the cloudy weather that we've been having let up, and the sun came out. First car was the 540i touring. The V8 has a lot of pick up. Next car was the Z3 3.0. This is an extremely fun car the drive. It has a lot of acceleration and it is easy to maneuver. I was switching lanes like crazy with no problems. I was sort of racing this guy who was driving the 7 series and had an easier time changing lanes. Driving this car almost makes me want to trade in my 330i for a Z3. Plus it was nice to have the top down drivng up the coast. Next up X5 3.0. This car with the 3.0 engine was a major dog. I expected a lot more from it. The 3.0 engine is great in the Z3 and 330 but way underpowered in the X5. Last car was the E65. Driving the car was great, playing with iDrive was frustrating. I think I would have to sit down for an hour with the owners manual to figure out what to do. This car has a great engine and was really easy to drive. I expected something more difficult with handeling since it's such a big car, but it responds very well. The features on the car are pretty cool. I was getting a massage while cooling my but with the seat AC. Overall, it was a fun experience. I can't wait til next year so I can drive the Z4 and maybe the new 5 series.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts