BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on what I can find my 2019 G05 X5 4.0i xDrive should have Drive Recorder. I have confirmed I have iDrive 7.0 11/2021.85. I do not find it in the installed apps folder. The car reports there are no updates available for my car. I have attempted to "update apps and services" with no change. I have the parking assist package. I don't find a settings option to accept in any settings menu. Are there any other criteria that have to be met for to see this app?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Based on the data I have it is the same for the 2019. Will try to call local BMW shop tomorrow and see if there is a Genius available.
You have bad data. It was not available for the MY19's. You need to buy the subscription from the ConnectedDrive store in order to get it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have bad data. It was not available for the MY19's. You need to buy the subscription from the ConnectedDrive store in order to get it.
I had seen that as well, but the US connecteddrive site doesn't show it for sale. The link I had referenced that option from was a UK site so I assumed it was something BMW was doing in Europe/UK. Any idea where the link to purchase it is? I can get to a site that has "my garage" which is a broken link, "my account" which just takes me to my login info, and "my card". I see instructions and info but no where to buy any directconnect service.

·
Do You Smell That?
737 Posts
I had seen that as well, but the US connecteddrive site doesn't show it for sale. The link I had referenced that option from was a UK site so I assumed it was something BMW was doing in Europe/UK. Any idea where the link to purchase it is? I can get to a site that has "my garage" which is a broken link, "my account" which just takes me to my login info, and "my card". I see instructions and info but no where to buy any directconnect service.
It's in your Subscriptions in Mygarage. I have a 2019 as well.

Photograph Product Black Computer Rectangle

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Every country/region is different so ignore others. As mentioned, the option to buy it is in the ConnectedDrive Store in MyGarage.

Rectangle Window Automotive exterior Font Electric blue

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
That is the link that is broken which is why I couldn't see it. I get "{"error": "invalid_request", "error_description": "Parameter authorization is missing"}". Been that way for a week now. What I figured out was that I had to open the connecteddirect site in an incognito session to get it to work properly. Must have had a bad browser cached instance or something. But it got me to the purchase so thanks all for your inputs.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
That is the link that is broken which is why I couldn't see it. I get "{"error": "invalid_request", "error_description": "Parameter authorization is missing"}". Been that way for a week now. Will have to give them a call in the morning.
The site has been screwed up for over a month they will just say that they are working on it. Try a different browser and hopefully you will be okay. Many have been having good luck with Chrome and Safari has been working for me for the last few days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts