BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again,

That little button to unlock the drive selector is either stuck or broken. It moves freely through P/R/N/D/1/2/3...... Any fix for this? Just mainly concerned about slipping into N if parked on a hill or something (yes I know, curb the tires, e-brake, etc...) How about worse than that, say I'm doing 80mph while talking on the cell phone, reading the newspaper and surfing the internet and drinking a cup 'o joe and I bump it into reverse....

1990 325is

THANKS!!!!! :D

·
On Top
8,772 Posts
RMMJ said:
Hi again,

That little button to unlock the drive selector is either stuck or broken. It moves freely through P/R/N/D/1/2/3...... Any fix for this? Just mainly concerned about slipping into N if parked on a hill or something (yes I know, curb the tires, e-brake, etc...) How about worse than that, say I'm doing 80mph while talking on the cell phone, reading the newspaper and surfing the internet and drinking a cup 'o joe and I bump it into reverse....

1990 325is

THANKS!!!!! :D
OMG I want to shoot you. :eek:

You need to replace the spring or the little mechanism in the lever. If you feel in the front of it there is a hole with a screw in it. Might want to throw it in 1 that way you can see it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't really drive like that :)

Thanks. I'll have a look. Just would like to know what I'm getting into before tearing into something and losing my daily driver (well, the one I like most :p )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.