BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Small issue was noticed not a while ago.
When putting in seat belt into the buckle, it gets stuck half way and with little force it kicks in.

I am concerned because I have seatbelt and airbag lights on even when seatbelts are in.
Should mention that cur was in accident (sort of) and none of airbags deployed (maybe because they didnt work because of buckle issue?).

I have no luck finding buckle online and have heard no response from people parting out e46s.

Tomorrow going to take it out and take a look. Maybe someone can give an advice or just wish luck.

Offtopic: Changed transmission oil today.Only around 20oz got out of there until it was empty. And I have filled it with like quart and half? Surprise surprise :bigpimp:

·
Cogito Ergo Zoom
3,579 Posts
Get a good flashlight and check for debris in the buckle. Maybe use a thin, stiff piece of wire, like a coat hanger, to clean it out. Then spritz some lube in it and see what happens. If that works it may also resolve the warning lights.
Your airbags won't deploy in light collisions. Maybe , thankfully, your accident wasn't big enough to set them off. Count your blessings...

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been told that it might be belt tensioner issue which seems to be somewhat common. Tho I have no luck whatsoever finding one for driver seat.
Also I checked and there's no debris inside. It appears that it goes in fully but doesnt lock unless forced to to go in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.