BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

I had my driver side mirror motor replaced from an independent bmw mechanic, and I recently noticed, that my driver side mirror is not auto-dimming anymore. My passenger side mirror and my rear view mirror are both dimming, so I'm wondering if one of the wires was not correctly connected when the driver side mirror motor was replaced. From what I can see, the mirror has a blue tint similar to the passenger mirror, and the mechanic is very reputed, so I don't think he swaped it out with a general mirror.

Any way to find out what the problem is ?

Thanks,
Supriya

·
The Boss of Nobody
3,695 Posts
My side mirrors have never dimmed to my rememberance, only the rear view, on either of my e46's. They are heated, but to my knowledge are not auto-dim.

·
Registered
395 Posts
My side mirrors have never dimmed to my rememberance, only the rear view, on either of my e46's. They are heated, but to my knowledge are not auto-dim.
Mines are auto-dim. I never noticed my rear view mirror though.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Do your side mirrors (the glass itself, not the housing) have a thick black surround around the glass? If no, they are not autodimming mirrors, just tinted glass.

·
Supporter of Bimmer Lore
5,192 Posts
IIRC, 3's don't have dimming glass on the external mirrors. And perusing the catalog of replacements in RealOEM shows no dimming option whatsoever.

The autodim interior mirror does, and when it dies and leaks, stains the console or outright eats a hole thru just like Alien juice....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts