BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there everyone, i was just side swiped by a motorcycle and the SOB broke my driver side mirror clean off, im trying to find a replacement one for a 2004 330ci and the auto shop wants around 700 bucks. Can anyone tell me were i could find one cheaper? I looked on ebay and have done google searches and not the same mirror that i have. mine has the little bumps on the top of the mirror and the ones i found for sale do not.

Please help

RC

·
Registered
64 Posts
hey there everyone, i was just side swiped by a motorcycle and the SOB broke my driver side mirror clean off, im trying to find a replacement one for a 2004 330ci and the auto shop wants around 700 bucks. Can anyone tell me were i could find one cheaper? I looked on ebay and have done google searches and not the same mirror that i have. mine has the little bumps on the top of the mirror and the ones i found for sale do not.

Please help

RC
(I just , last week, bought a mirror for $100 + $20 S/H, but I gave the guy an extra $20 as I was thrilled to find a complete mirror, with black triangle attachment. )

I have a 2005 325ci cabrio. Just went thru the same headache u r going thru. Stealership wanted $600 + paint for the cap + 2hrs ($125/hr) shop time, + applicable taxes. Close to $1000, actually. I was PAAATIENT. I put up a WTB ad on several bimmer forums. Finally, after 3 months, found the exact same mirror. Have yet to put it on. Maybe this week. I am typing FAST, so be patient reading below...or email me if u have any Q'[email protected]

You need to know/do a few things, first. Take pics of your old wrecked mirror, up close, w/all wiring/connectors, & jot down the colors for fast reference. Be sure you know the following (if u put up an ad):

1. The top casing bumps are called WINDSplints (they aid in aerodynamics).
2. Do not get a sedan mirror. It must be from a 03/2003--2006 for your (& my year) 3-series. It must be from a 325, 328, 330 ci coupe or cabrio ONLY. NOT M, of course, & again, NOT a sedan. Do not get 02/2003 or earlier!!
3. Be sure you know if potential seller knows the # wires, color of wires, connector type, tint, memory or not, & auto-heat or not.
4. There are 2 types of cords, RIBBON, and regular CORD (which is what I have, & I am SURE you have).
5. Be sure to know if you have a 6-pin, 12-pin, or an "odd"-pin black connector. Mine was the very latter, sort of like a 6-pin, as it has total of 6 wires, 3(not 4)into the connector & 2 separate wires for the auto-heat....why only 3 for me?...b/c 1 "port" for me was plugged off, I assume for the memory, which I do not have, otherwise I would've had 4 wires into connector....plus again the 2 separate auto-heat wires, for total of 6 wires, or "6-pin".
6. Make sure to know if yours has memory, & if seller's mirror has memory. If yours doesn't, u can still use a seller's memory mirror, as those port(s) can be plugged off.
7. Make sure to know if yours & sellers are both blu-tint...most are, but just be sure.
8. BE PATIENT. You will save HUNDREDS! :)

Email me, if Q's, as I can send u my photobucket pics...of close-ups 4 u to copmpare. Oh, don't worry about the cap,..that is CHEAP in comparison w/e-thing else....even on ebay the cap is like, $40...but find one in YOUR color. I was lucky, the seller even had my same Tit.Silver! Good Luck!

Edit: ebay was a CHoRE,...I did a check EVERY night for 3 months......w only one "sort-of" close, but wrong year...soI passed.....so, be careful in your buy! U will have FAR more luck w/ a WTB ad on the 3 big bimmer sites.....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Beemerdude,

You're the man, thank you for the info. I'm in the same situation, needing a passenger side view mirror, although I'm the SOB that broke the mirror.

FirstVert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts