BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the past month, I noticed a bit of condensation on the top my driver side mirror. As time passed, I noticed the condensation growing from top to bottom. A few days ago, I noticed some liquid substance and what appeared to be a crack on the bottom, right hand side of the mirror. The liquid ended up being oil (dark and oily texture).Can someone suggest how I should proceed with this matter? Should I fix, replace? Any help would be appreciated. :dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
Do you have auto dimming mirrors? The same thing kinda happened to my rear view mirror. I got a bubble in the mirror and it was discolored. I'm not sure if the side mirrors have a liquid in them or not. My advice would be to find a side mirror on ebay that has the same specs as your current one and just get it painted to match. Probably cheaper than buying new. Just make sure it was made before 9/05.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have auto dimming mirrors? The same thing kinda happened to my rear view mirror. I got a bubble in the mirror and it was discolored. I'm not sure if the side mirrors have a liquid in them or not. My advice would be to find a side mirror on ebay that has the same specs as your current one and just get it painted to match. Probably cheaper than buying new. Just make sure it was made before 9/05.
My side mirrors do have liquid in them. Thank you for you advice. I'll look into it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My auto dimming drivers side mirror started to get the "worms" in the corner and a discolored look. I didn't see any fluid leaking. Decided to get a new one, I got it from parts geek for around $200. Easy replacement, check YouTube for a video. New one is perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts