BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after work today I was heading back to states, I am going 65 on the freeway in the right lane and the left lane is kinda slow and here's a dumb a** decided to pull his toyota matrix right in front of my car when, had to brake so hard missed the a hole by hitting in the back by 6",

Just wanted to share this with you guys, I dont what it was but I was so relieved that my car stopped on time or it would have been one more e39 totalled because of some jackass.

·
Bimmerfied
594 Posts
Welcome to Vancouver, where a lot of the population bought their license, instead of earning it...

I moved here from Toronto 3 years ago. I love this place for so many reasons. But the drivers here are so inconsiderate, and non-attentive, that it almost makes me want to move back east. But then I see the barren landscape and realize it's not worth it.

People do stupid things. I'm sure you've probably done something like this before and may not have even noticed. Don't get so worked up about someone's stupid move. They'll pay for it one day.

·
Premium Member
7,812 Posts
Not to be racist, but I have found most of the crappy driving to be directly related to the influx and plethora of immigrants. Not all, but the great majority of them are responsible. An ex-girlfriend of mine who is CBC (canadian born chinese) readily admits the same. ;)

Vancouver is a great city, with wonderful people, it is my favority place to visit on the west coast, regardless. I just always remember to drive very defensively. And very careful where to park, car prowls are notorious throughout the city. Heck, did you read about the wacko that was keying cars that they recently caught? He keyed like 400 or 500 cars all over the city. :(

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Stereotyping driving by race actually has facts behind it. Many immigrants came to this country late in their lives with never driving in their home countries, so they are basically 50 year olds driving like 16 year olds except for the lack of perception and agility the younger generation has.

Of course, one can be an immigrant from anywhere, so a 50 year old Bolivian or Hungarian falls into the same bucket as those from Asia.

BTW, my wife is from Tokyo and, while she drove there, she didn't drive much so her driving sucked when she first came to the states. It is far better now.

Back to the original post, one bad driver should not be enough to claim an entire city has crappy drivers.

Bill

·
Registered
559 Posts
It will catch up with him someday. You will not be there to actually see it, but Karma really exists. It's not magic. If you drive like an a**hole, the laws of chance have to catch up with you. You can't tempt fate and always get away with it.
Getting worked up also gets your blood pressure up and accomplishes nothing. Whenever it happens, just realize that 'he'll get his someday'.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I worked in Vancouver for a year and that's a walking city for me. Eye candy galore! :)

I probably woulda rear-ended a bunch of folks if I ever drove due to rubber necking :rofl:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts