BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
E64 650 & F25 X3 3.0D
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sept, '05 E64 650, with the 3- wire side mirrors, (KGM module with Lin Bus). I replaced out the mirror glass (black plastic framed) with a know good one from a wrecker/salvage yard. Both heating and dimming were working, but now a few months later both features are intermittent and when I check for codes the Schwaben/foxwell device show one for the heater but nothing for the dimming, where as previously with the older mirror (comb connector ripped) it did show codes for both.
Does anyone have a schematic diagram for the mirror with how the 4-pin connector is configured for the heating and dimming functions, so I can confirm if I have an o/c heater element?
Or with it being intermittent am I looking at a replacement sealed module like the one in this picture?
Btw, all mirror adjust motor & memory (potentiometer) functions work well.
Just annoying on the cold early morning drives when the passenger side is clear and dimmed but the drivers side isn't.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,105 Posts
Afraid I need to get to work so have just quickly grabbed these as I have a fair few pics saved from before the TIS went, hope they help.
Have included one pic of the four wire version for anyone searching this in the future.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts