BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my BMW in my cousins shop. The rear yoke rusted out and the drive shaft dropped. We got the car up on a lift and was able to get the drive shaft out. The shaft is fine, but I have ordered the center support bearing that needs replaces and the rear u joint that also needs replaced.

Here's where I am coming into an issue finding the rear "yoke". I have looked everywhere I could find online and still no luck finding this part. The terms "bmw yoke" and "bmw driveshaft yoke" barely returns anything. So, am I just using the wrong technical term? Can anyone point me to a place online that I can purchase the rear yoke? I'd really appreciate it. My car's been out of commission going on 2 weeks now.

Here is an image capture of the "yoke" that I need. I hope this helps:

Thanks in advance the help.

·
Wrencher
438 Posts
the rear yoke... its at the end of the transmission held up by a giant nut... looks kind of like a triangle with 3 holes in it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the rear yoke... its at the end of the transmission held up by a giant nut... looks kind of like a triangle with 3 holes in it.
Thanks. So can you tell me what the part is called in the image I attached in the thread with the arrow pointing to it? It's at the end of the driveshaft and connects the rear ujoint and the rear of the driveshaft. I need to replace that part and haven't been able to find it online anywhere.

·
livin large
7,557 Posts
that is called the flange. the yokes are the pieces the bolt to the flanges and go into the trans or the diff. it might be easier to go to a junkyard and rip off a driveshaft

·
Wrencher
438 Posts
that is called the flange. the yokes are the pieces the bolt to the flanges and go into the trans or the diff. it might be easier to go to a junkyard and rip off a driveshaft
+1... for sure. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
You will not be able to replace the rear yoke and not have a vibration when you done, the U joints are not replaceable on bmw driveshaft they are stacked in, your best bet is to buy a remanufactured one, at the end it is chipper, since it will be balanced.
This company carrys a great quality Drive shafts at very low price. www.wholesaleimportparts.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts