BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi Guys
As soon as I put my foot down on the 750iL (2008 -F02) the above error pops up.
When I drive very smoothly this does not happen. Only when I accelerate hard ( joining the Motorway).
Little orange triangle lights up. But no loss of power & does not go into limp mode.
The orange triangle disappears after a while whilst driving it at the very latest when I stop and restart.
I’ve had this error message diagnosed a dozen times by the Main dealer & other diagnostics workshops but no one has found the cause.
Maybe the Bonnet needs tightening down?
Could be it lifts slightly when I push the car hard and sets off a warning.?
But apparently this type of Error messages covers a multitude of Sins.
Typical blundebus to kill a mouse scenario.
Stupid BMW engineers.
Any ideas anyone???
JJ

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 100K miles NOKIAN WR G3 20K miles
18,905 Posts
We must know the Diagnostic Trouble Codes to be of any help, preferably the BMW hex codes as they are much more informative than generic ‘P’ OBD codes.

I’ve had this error message diagnosed a dozen times ...
Did you order authorize its cure, or did you merely ask what’s causing it? There are many hundreds of potential causes but it will take work and cost to know which one.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
does the check engine light start flashing when this occurs? I'm thinking either bad fuel injectors, clogged cats (from oil consumption) or there is a bad engine mount causing a wire/sensor to get pinched under heavy acceleration.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes the check engine light will flash repeatedly. Have you had any work done on the vehicle?

Sent from my H8296 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We must know the Diagnostic Trouble Codes to be of any help, preferably the BMW hex codes as they are much more informative than generic ‘P’ OBD codes.

Did you order authorize its cure, or did you merely ask what’s causing it? There are many hundreds of potential causes but it will take work and cost to know which one.
The Dealer told me they could not find anything wrong. Wiped the codes each time and sent me on my way.
I’ll ask them for a printout of the Data yiu suggested.
I am not an expert at this, just a driver, but find the Main Dealer is pretty incompetent in not providing me with the full detailed diagnostic.
does the check engine light start flashing when this occurs? I'm thinking either bad fuel injectors, clogged cats (from oil consumption) or there is a bad engine mount causing a wire/sensor to get pinched under heavy acceleration.
Yes the check engine light will flash repeatedly. Have you had any work done on the vehicle?

On most occasions the Engine light flashes briefly once, when I accelerate hard.
Had injectors cleaned. Both Cats. are new.
Only thing now is to check the engine Mounts!!
Engine’s been in and out three times so that that may be the cause if the engine was not put back in correctly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Error code was 130 C01
Camshaft sensor error crank?
What thus means I have no idea?
Am I looking for more?
The cars going in for another Diagnostic but they always seem reluctant to print out the error faults.
I’ll have to push them in this and told them I want an error code print out if I’ve paid for a Diagnostic so that I can get a 2nd opinion!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
There are two connections that look the same on the bottom of the engine, near the starter. You may have criss crossed them. That happened to me. We swapped them then everything was All good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are two connections that look the same on the bottom of the engine, near the starter. You may have criss crossed them. That happened to me. We swapped them then everything was All good.

Hi Spyders- can you be a bit more specific ? Maybe send a photo please? I’ll follow up every lead and dare say it’s quite possible the mechanics made a mistake as they’ve had the engine out 3 times- to do work on it- so quite plausible they may have criss crossed the wires

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sorry, i didn't take pictures. But i had engine replaced. With a brand new one. Took mechanic three time to figure it out. The codes are coming from the dme. Im looking for the new tis. It will explain it better than i ever could. Hopefully i can find it and send you the link. Are you still working with an independent, or the dealer? Both should know what i am referring to.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, i didn't take pictures. But i had engine replaced. With a brand new one. Took mechanic three time to figure it out. The codes are coming from the dme. Im looking for the new tis. It will explain it better than i ever could. Hopefully i can find it and send you the link. Are you still working with an independent, or the dealer? Both should know what i am referring to.

I’m working with an independent - I’ve lost confidence in the Dealer it appears his only concern is to fill his pockets but not to help me resolve this problem that has persisted fir about 2 years on and off. No matter what is repaired it keeps coming back.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’m working with an independent - I’ve lost confidence in the Dealer it appears his only concern is to fill his pockets but not to help me resolve this problem that has persisted fir about 2 years on and off. No matter what is repaired it keeps coming back.
What dies DME & TIS stand for please?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 100K miles NOKIAN WR G3 20K miles
18,905 Posts
DME = Digital Motor Electronics

TIS = Technical Information Service

·
Registered
21 Posts
hello, just had the same warning and it turned out my alternator was acting weird and causing error warning here and there

i got no more error after it being tested several times by dealer, i guess they do the “plug-unplug” test and got it running for some times; the result was the alternator has one-time hiccups but went normal again after the test

i didn’t replace the alternator at that time as dealer suggested me to just keep using the car as long as no error shown up

·
Registered
284 Posts
Have you checked fuses and relays under the hood? Thoose can often thro error codes, and restrict engine performance

·
Registered
792 Posts
This happened on my 2012 F04 when I first got it. Under warranty they replaced the injectors an that fixed the problem.

Jerry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts