BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time on Bimmerfest, can someone please help me out, i have a 2012 750LI 53k miles. the car has been towed to the dealership twice before for the the drivetrain malfunction light and the last time they told me about the customer care package repair. spoke to mechanic about the car and he told me they were having serious issues with cars with that engine, don't know what all they did but they had it for a few days. now yesterday light came on again and i got car towed back to dealership but since it is out of warranty the service advisor told me 3 fuel injectors are misfiring and i would cost 3k to repair!! shouldn't this be under warranty due to them not fixing the issue the first time. they told me work covered under factory warranty is not covered after warranty expire, only if i would have paid out of pocket for repair would it be covered. any advice would be grateful-Andy

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Injectors should be covered up to 10 yrs/120k miles.
I posted something that might help you in a current warranty poll thread, not seeing this thread.
You should be able to see the SIB for it.
If applicable to your car, the dealer should be able to to see it when they pull up your service history.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Injectors should be covered up to 10 yrs/120k miles.
I posted something that might help you in a current warranty poll thread, not seeing this thread.
You should be able to see the SIB for it.
If applicable to your car, the dealer should be able to to see it when they pull up your service history.
I think I saved this pic from you. :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my 2011 750li, though I was lucky to get my warranty and maintenance package renewed, so saved a whole lot of repair cost. But what's more important to be noted here is that the replacement of injectors and spark plugs will not fix the problem. They need to replace the short engine, given that they tried replacing the injectors and spark plugs thrice, BMW has now approved replacement of the short engine...so maybe that's what you will need to get done as well

·
Registered
627 Posts
2012 wasn't covered under the extended warranty for CCP work for some stupid reason - any repairs paid for by BMW under warranty are only covered until the expiration of the warranty - after that you are SOL. I think you have a strong case to make and the dealer should help you out with BMW.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
2012 wasn't covered under the extended warranty for CCP work for some stupid reason - any repairs paid for by BMW under warranty are only covered until the expiration of the warranty - after that you are SOL. I think you have a strong case to make and the dealer should help you out with BMW.
Darn. Thank God for CPO.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quick update i spoke to service manager and they are willing to help me out with 75% of the repair even though its out of warranty they called it goodwill or something like that but he also suggested i do all the injectors instead of the 3 that i mentioned earlier. although I'm very grateful for them offering that to me, i still feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick here. They did do the customer care package when the car was under warranty and they told me that would correct all the issues the car was having. does anyone happen to know what the customer care package entails

·
Registered
338 Posts
quick update i spoke to service manager and they are willing to help me out with 75% of the repair even though its out of warranty they called it goodwill or something like that but he also suggested i do all the injectors instead of the 3 that i mentioned earlier. although I'm very grateful for them offering that to me, i still feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick here. They did do the customer care package when the car was under warranty and they told me that would correct all the issues the car was having. does anyone happen to know what the customer care package entails
It entails a lot of reading....this might save you some time:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9613516

If you go deeper into that thread you'll find the actual Service Bulletin as well. This thread is so deep, I'm pretty sure there's an actual video in there of CCP work.

Good luck.

·
There is no spoon
1,964 Posts
When we had issues my SA stated the SOP is to replace all the injectors on a bank regardless of whether only 1 was out. So if you have 2 injectors bad on one bank and only 1 on the other and this was covered under warranty they should replace all 8, again according to what my SA told me.

That being said, replacing injectors that have not shown ill symptoms is not necessary, but I would imagine this policy probably stemmed from the fact that BMW has updated the injectors and having two versions of injectors in the vehicle was more than likely going to lead to the old version being replaced anyway at another service visit (a valiant attempt to mitigate the angry customer syndrome).

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
My car was bought used with the latest revision of injectors and they still needed to replace one bank after I bought it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Mine were replaced more than once. Swapping them out doesn't guarantee anything - unless they are covering 75% of everything I might not do all of them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just got that error message came up today..
So it's caused by injectors?
Also lost all the power to the car, can't do nothing but cruise

·
Registered
13 Posts
With the CCP they should be replacing all the injectors. Normally you would have either injector numbers 07, 08, 09, or 10 fitted to your car. The newest injectors out right now are numbered as 12. They should be fitted a brand new set of 8 injectors to your car with the number 12.

I would absolutely do all the injectors because they are poorly designed and will fail. Even the 12s fail.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Plus the labour involved to get to one bank it's worth replacing all the injectors while everything is taken apart. 100% of it should be covered.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i reached out to BMW headquarters and they said they were gonna have someone call me to see if they can do anything more than the 75% the dealership offered. I'm crossing my fingers that they will cover 100%, i will keep everyone updated thanks for everyones feedback-Andy

·
BMW Snow Plow User
2,233 Posts
First time on Bimmerfest, can someone please help me out, i have a 2012 750LI 53k miles. the car has been towed to the dealership twice before for the the drivetrain malfunction light and the last time they told me about the customer care package repair. spoke to mechanic about the car and he told me they were having serious issues with cars with that engine, don't know what all they did but they had it for a few days. now yesterday light came on again and i got car towed back to dealership but since it is out of warranty the service advisor told me 3 fuel injectors are misfiring and i would cost 3k to repair!! shouldn't this be under warranty due to them not fixing the issue the first time. they told me work covered under factory warranty is not covered after warranty expire, only if i would have paid out of pocket for repair would it be covered. any advice would be grateful-Andy
You need to get a CANbus reader (e.g. for your phone) so that you can read the actual error codes yourself.

If it is not covered under warranty anyway I would get a second opinion from an indie shop. The dealers are always defaulting to just exchanging large units of car. That isn't efficient if you pay yourself.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts