BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm...ok, no immediate funds available for another driving school. But did anyone from LA CCA receive an email from Robyn McNutt?

2 day school on 17/18 of August at California Speedway. Includes free tee-shift and Saturday BBQ dinner. $575.00!!! :yikes:

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You tell me! :tsk:

Ok, let's do some math here. We have a two-day event. Probably 80 students? That will be $46,000. Each tee probably $5. Each BBQ dinner $15 at most. Rental of track on weekend? $3000/day maybe?:dunno:

Will there be race queens holding umbrellas for me? I will prefer one that wears green/blue stripes please! What about DJ playing hip-hop and house music? How about some spectators hired to cheer us on?

nate328Ci said:
That is expensive :yikes:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
You tell me! :tsk:

Ok, let's do some math here. We have a two-day event. Probably 80 students? That will be $46,000. Each tee probably $5. Each BBQ dinner $15 at most. Rental of track on weekend? $3000/day maybe?:dunno:

Will there be race queens holding umbrellas for me? I will prefer one that wears green/blue stripes please! What about DJ playing hip-hop and house music? How about some spectators hired to cheer us on?

I paid $205 for two days the last time I took the 328Ci out :)

WITH Cajun dinner and Polo shirt :thumbup:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
Rental of track on weekend? $3000/day maybe?:dunno:
The math doesn't add up, I agree...But at the last general meeting, they mentioned it's $10,000 a day to rent the track, hence the 2 day event would cost the club $20,000.

Frankly, they've got in excess of $50,000 in the bank right now for the club, I don't understand why they can't just shuffle the funds around a bit and make this first event at Fontana affordable for some of us.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hack, I doubt the weekend charges is $10,000 per day, unless they have like a diamond treasure hunt during lunch and dinner breaks. Willow Springs charges $3500 or so for 1 weekend. Let's take into account the flag workers, ambulance etc. At most $2500. Can't be $6500. Or is California Speedway more of a "premium" track?

Yup, I know about the $50k savings. Sergio spoke about at the Alpine Village OktoberFest last year. Oh well...

:(

The HACK said:

The math doesn't add up, I agree...But at the last general meeting, they mentioned it's $10,000 a day to rent the track, hence the 2 day event would cost the club $20,000.

Frankly, they've got in excess of $50,000 in the bank right now for the club, I don't understand why they can't just shuffle the funds around a bit and make this first event at Fontana affordable for some of us.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
California Speedway IS a premium track, and the cost to RENT the track is $10,000 a day on the weekend.

Why that particular track should be considered a premium track, I do not understand...Maybe because it IS part of the Neck-car circuit. The track is GIGANTIC and you do get to run inside on the infield, unlike say, Las Vegas where you use the Derek Daly tracks.

Heard it straight from the horses mouth.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alrightie...$10k a day it is. Still.. sigh... :(

I am definitely saving up for Driving Concepts next school at Willow Springs though. Was it late Sept or early October...

Sssshh...lin is not suppose to know...:eeps:

The HACK said:
California Speedway IS a premium track, and the cost to RENT the track is $10,000 a day on the weekend.

Why that particular track should be considered a premium track, I do not understand...Maybe because it IS part of the Neck-car circuit. The track is GIGANTIC and you do get to run inside on the infield, unlike say, Las Vegas where you use the Derek Daly tracks.

Heard it straight from the horses mouth.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
I am definitely saving up for Driving Concepts next school at Willow Springs though. Was it late Sept or early October...
Man, I can't go unless I land a freelance contract or two. Basically my track event fund is going to have to be coming from a secondary income because Joanne won't let me spend ANY part of our salary on cars and track events.

Bummer. Anyone looking for a freelance graphic designer?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The HACK said:

With the exception of Nazereth, PA all Penske tracks get 10,000 for a week end rental. It's cheaper during the week, but, who's going to go then:dunno:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.