BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
zeddy
7,668 Posts
eugeneDC/TX said:
well learning tips more...

any tips on getting better at rev matching and heel/toe-ing? i'm trying it at every chance, just not getting better... any tips? thanks all
Yes, wear wide shoes!!

The pedals on new cars are not ideally placed for heal and toe, especially around town.

Cars of yore were much more fun in this regard. The designers of, say, 1960's era Brit sport cars knew about "involving" the driver in the process of driving. You really had to drive those things!!I spent a lot of time in a girlfriend's 1973 MGB back in '73. The shifter had a wonderfully accurate short throw, and the pedals were ideally placed for h&t. And the steering....ahhhhh, heaven (the car's all-out performance was nothing to brag about, of course, but it was fuuuuuun all the same).

Today's cars are really nothing like that; to me the BMW manual is not much different from, say, an Accord's (now, an M Coupe, that's another story).

You should drive to drive an "old" car (in good shape of course) sometime to see what I mean.

Ed

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.