BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ex-Autobahn Speed Demon
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to Microsoft's TechEd June 5-10, 2005. Route is I-71, I-75 stopping in Atlanta, Ga for a few hours to the Florida Turnpike in Orlando, Fl. Any speed traps, I should know of. For the Orlando BMW brothers, are there any good jazz clubs? Also, does Orlando have a good hand car wash, because I will not have time to do it myself? Is there a BMW stealer close to the Orange County Convention and Civic Center?

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Be careful once you are outside of Atlanta until the Florida border.

Don't know of any BMW dealers nearby the convention center, but Fields BMW is just off I-4 in Winter Park, and they have a satellite service facility somewhere in the general vicinity of the Florida Mall, off of John Young Parkway, I'm very fuzzy on the details. I don't know how to get there, but the name of the road it's on is something like Futures Dr.

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
South Georgia tends to have more than its fair share of HWP. However I have only ever been pulled in Atlanta.

The Florida turnpike is FHP magnent from what I hear. I havent driven on it in years but the last time I did I saw a lot of FHP.

From my experience FL and GA will be a breeze compared to Ohio troopers.

Like Matt said the only BMW dealer I am aware of in O town is Fields.

Have fun.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Just a quick note. When on I-4 be careful. The highway patrol just got some new unmarked cars which look nothing like your usual unmarked patrol car. I've seen a burgandy Malibu, an SUV and well, of course the Camaro. Just watch your speed on I-4. Especially through the numerous construction areas. The fines are doubled there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.