BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I returned my 330Ci at Irvine BMW today, and philippek (who sold me my M3) asked which car I wanted to take back to my office. I jokingly mentioned that I noticed a CPO M5 on the lot. Next thing I know he comes back with the keys and says I can drive it! :eek:

I've always been a huge fan of the E39 and have driven a few 540s, but this is a whole different animal (I can't imagine what the E60 M5 is like). I was careful with it, but I did push it a little a few times. From what I was able to gather in the short time I drove it was that the handling is firm enough that you feel confident pushing it a little, but forgiving enough that you could cruise on the highway for hours in it. Perfect combination this type of car. It's heavy, but the motor just keeps pulling and the sound it makes is fantastic.

Awesome car overall. If I had a family I would have to find a way to buy one. :thumbup:

Thanks again Philippe!!! Hope you made it back in one piece! :D :D :D :D

--SONET

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Yep, I had the chance to really whip an M5 around on the freeway once in Sacramento in a buddy's car. I scared the bejesus out of me. I think I would be in jail if I had that car for too long. :)

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Ågent99 said:
Yep, I had the chance to really whip an M5 around on the freeway once in Sacramento in a buddy's car. I scared the bejesus out of me. I think I would be in jail if I had that car for too long. :)
As a passenger in that particular joy ride, I must agree ... though the suspected destination was the morgue, not jail.

:yikes:

Bill

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
BillP said:
As a passenger in that particular joy ride, I must agree ... though the suspected destination was the morgue, not jail.

:yikes:

Bill
Aww, there are plenty of airbags to keep you more or less in one piece....

:angel:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts