Bimmerfest BMW banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
One of the things I hated about my 2012 A4. Can't believe it hasn't been resolved.

My impression of my A4.

[Mash the pedal.]
A4: Oh, do you want to go?
Me: Yes!
A4: Are you sure?
Me: Yes! For the love of God, go!
A4: OK. If you are really sure.
Me: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
[Finally starts moving.]
I had this same issue in my 2010 VW CC. Everything I read seemed to attribute it to the DSG transmission. That lag/hesitation has been one of the main reasons I just couldn't pull the trigger to move to an A4.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
DSG is great under WOT. Otherwise, its kind of lame. The 8AT is superior.

How is the PDK in the Porsche? I hear its brilliant. Ive never had the pleasure.

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
DSG is great under WOT. Otherwise, its kind of lame. The 8AT is superior.

How is the PDK in the Porsche? I hear its brilliant. Ive never had the pleasure.
My 991 C4 and 981 Boxster S were MTs and my 991 GTS is a PDK. As much fun as it was rowing through those gears, nothing I've driven yet compares to the PDK...I can take it up to redline and it automatically shifts; or I'm cruising in the 80s in 5th or 6th gear and I punch the accelerator and the PDK automatically shifts to 3rd gear...quick as hell!

·
Registered
669 Posts
My 991 C4 and 981 Boxster S were MTs and my 991 GTS is a PDK. As much fun as it was rowing through those gears, nothing I've driven yet compares to the PDK...I can take it up to redline and it automatically shifts; or I'm cruising in the 80s in 5th or 6th gear and I punch the accelerator and the PDK automatically shifts to 3rd gear...quick as hell!
I want so bad to love the PDK. Would make buying a Boxster/Cayman so much easier. But try as I might I can't make myself enjoy an automatic in a sports car. :(

21 - 24 of 24 Posts