BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time since late April! :eeps:

It looked like it would not happen at first - I had no idea where I cleverly hid the key. :eek:

The last car that I drove anywhere for any distance was my friend's E38, when I was in Seattle last month ... and I miss that car!

I did have the pleasure of motoring around on Crete in a 1981 FIAT Panda. And I thought that my E39 was a POS! :rofl:

Anyway. Tomorrow, I will take the E39 in for a brushless bath. I have to get the dust off of it!

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been travelling quite a bit in the last two months, and then using cabs when at home. :eek:

The only reason that I had to drive it today was to go and buy gasoline for my lawn mower! Gas station is 800m away from my house. :rofl:

I have also been looking for another 5er - E39 M5, E61 530d, or something, but to no avail. It is probably a stupid idea anyway seeing as how I do not drive much.

However, I had Inspection 1 done in April, 18,000km earlier than it is regularly scheduled (after I found my summer tires/wheels), and then had the car completely detailed inside and out, so it is in fine form at the moment.

My folks are heading this way from the US on Friday, and we have some road trips planned. I will take them to Estonia for a few days, another trip to central Finland, and then next month, I will drive to southern Sweden (Malmö) for the European Championships of American Football - I am the official team photographer for the Finns. :D

So, I will do my best to try and drive it a little more this summer! :angel:

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Patrick said:
I have been travelling quite a bit in the last two months, and then using cabs when at home.
Yeah, you've been a tad AWOL...at least here on the 5er board!

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ågent99 said:
Yeah, you've been a tad AWOL...at least here on the 5er board!
Yes, this is true ... All of this E60/61 talk is just depressing me! :rofl:

I will make up for it! Or then just give in and buy a 535dT. :eek:

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Get a battery tender if you anticipate leaving your car for extended periods. It is hell on the battery, as all the electronics will slowly drain it down to nothing. Do that a couple times and it greatly shortens the life of the battery.

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not worried about the battery. :eek:

Next time I will find someone that I trust to keep the key for me so that I actually can go for a drive if I need to!

And I thought that not knowing where my summer tires were was a problem! :rofl:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts