BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
bmwdude
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 330 CI
Every once in a while for the last 5 weeks, my DSC lights (both DSC and Brake) comes on. Can not be turned off with hitting button. Have to turn off car, turn on car and it will go away, but will come on again. Turn off car and let it sit for a moment, re-start, and it goes off and the button works as expected.

Anyone see this before?

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,914 Posts
One of your wheel speed sensors is going bad. You have to go to an indy or someone with the software to read those codes and tell you which one. An OBD2 scanner won't do it. Good news is it is an easy, cheap fix.

·
Registered
388 Posts
My car did that a couple weeks ago, the yellow DSC and Brake light. I was on a gravel road and there were patches of ice here and there. When I got home, I turned off the car for awhile and the lights were off when I turned it back on and they have never reappeared. My DSC button works normal. Hoping it was something to do with the icy road or something????

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,914 Posts
My car did that a couple weeks ago, the yellow DSC and Brake light. I was on a gravel road and there were patches of ice here and there. When I got home, I turned off the car for awhile and the lights were off when I turned it back on and they have never reappeared. My DSC button works normal. Hoping it was something to do with the icy road or something????
See above. You have an intermittent wheel speed sensor.

·
Registered
367 Posts
One of your wheel speed sensors is going bad. You have to go to an indy or someone with the software to read those codes and tell you which one. An OBD2 scanner won't do it. Good news is it is an easy, cheap fix.
Would AutoZone or similar be able to read the wheel speed sensor codes? One of mine is out and I would rather not mess with the manual procedure. It's friggin' cold outside.

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,914 Posts
Would AutoZone or similar be able to read the wheel speed sensor codes? One of mine is out and I would rather not mess with the manual procedure. It's friggin' cold outside.
No, auto zone only has an OBD reader, won't work.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You probably have a bad wheel speed sensor like smolck mentioned but you may also just need an alignment. I had both lights on for a while, got an alignment and the lights have been off ever since.

·
Registered
150 Posts
this has happened to me as well. My wheel bearing went out and also bushing. My tires were also bad for my front tires so i replaced them all and the light went away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts