BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi bimmerfest,

From what I under stand DTC is traction control and DSC is stability control to intervene when you get into trouble in a turn.

I would like to know how totally disable DTC so I can peel out of somewhere to make a point(sounds stupid but would have worked great last night).

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
press it once to turn off DTC and DSC will still be on so you cant swerve and die.
Hold it down for 10sec or until the second message comes on and then DSC and DTC are completely off.

·
False Enthusiast
1,669 Posts
The OP has an xi, DSC cannot be turned off, only turned down.

I push the button routinely in the winter. Sometimes it's to make it out of my driveway in deep snow.

And sometimes it's to play rally driver. :thumbup:

Even with the system set at the higher tolerance, it still intervenes when the yaw angle passes
a certain threshold.

jummo

·
BMW d Driver
1,123 Posts
Here ya go:

With DSC on, the car modulates the throttle to kill 99.9% of any wheel spin. This is the standard mode.

With DTC on (push button briefly), the car will allow most forward wheel spin, but if it detects side to side movement, it will cut power.

With DSC completely off (hold button for 4 seconds) it will allow any wheel spin.

Most of the time you should just be in the normal DSC mode. For winter/slick driving sometimes turning on DTC is helpful so you can get moving. DTC is a subset of DSC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts