BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I dropped my car to the local BMW dealer, they somehow got the brake and DSC warning lights on, when I took my car in for brake fluid and microfilter service. The warning lights never came on before, it only happened at their garage, they said it's a coincidence. But reading the posts on the forum, clearly people attributed the brake and DSC warning lights on to brake fluid too low.

They asked me to replace the stock steering column and the steering angle sensor, quoting a price tag of more than 500 pounds. It sounds all very suspicious - DSC warning light on, stock steering column and steering angle sensor need replacing. My car never showed any sign of such fault over the last year (bought as a BMW approved used car with warranty over the last year), the faults suddenly only occur on the day at the garage a week after the warranty expired, ver strange to me. I would appreciate on any advice on how likely this is due to a bad brake fluid/microfilter service.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.