BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I DO have DSP lol apparently for my 97 528i ...and I wanna get 2 mtx t5500 subs hooked in wit a mrp-m1000 mono amp...which i guess comes with speaker level inputs. SO...i saw that kick @$$ vid of bav. sounndwerks but that was for a non dsp car...so im wondering the differences between dsp sub setup and non dsp sub setup..with regards to settin up 2 badass subs on 1 mono amp in a pimpin car for a bass musician that neeeeeeds to feel the beat lol....layman terms are best lol. if i dont have to touch any of the other speakers in the car i wont.. thanks in advance!

·
Registered
146 Posts
You should be able to just tap the signal off of your current DSP amplifier on the drivers side in the trunk. You should be able to find a wiring diagram on www.bmwtips.com if you looking to do this yourself. From there all you would need to do is run your signal to a amplifier, along with a 12v and a ground. Then attach your subs from there.

Im a little unclear as to what your goal is. There are defiantly many ways to upgrade this system, yet it all depends on what you want to accomplish and how much you want to spend. It sounds like you want some crazy amount of bass. If this is the case i wouldn't settle for MTX. In my opinion i think JL makes a better sub as well as an amplifier. write back with any gear you may have, what you have in mind, and weather or not your looking for a DIY

-Enjoy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should be able to just tap the signal off of your current DSP amplifier on the drivers side in the trunk. You should be able to find a wiring diagram on www.bmwtips.com if you looking to do this yourself. From there all you would need to do is run your signal to a amplifier, along with a 12v and a ground. Then attach your subs from there.

Im a little unclear as to what your goal is. There are defiantly many ways to upgrade this system, yet it all depends on what you want to accomplish and how much you want to spend. It sounds like you want some crazy amount of bass. If this is the case i wouldn't settle for MTX. In my opinion i think JL makes a better sub as well as an amplifier. write back with any gear you may have, what you have in mind, and weather or not your looking for a DIY

-Enjoy
Hey thanks man, yeah definately lookin for a DIY. HA yeah I hear yah bout the subs the only reason I got these subs is the price was a "steal":thumbup: :bigpimp:..

But I am in market for a new amp since I have yet to grab this so if you have any suggestions on an amp for 2 10" 600rms 1800watts (Total) speakers its definately appreciated:D .. wit a good price tag lol preferably :dunno: haha

·
Registered
146 Posts
Honestly i purchased my amplifiers used off of craigslist. Good gear like JL lasts a while and i dont mind picking something up used that is still in good working condition. I would reccomend either Alpine, or JL for amplification.

Adding a subwoofer is a great first step and a magnificent improvment to the sound system. It allows the sub to do all the work of the low end, preventing you speakers from taking a beating. If your looking for something easy to start with i would reccomend buying your amp, taping the signal off your amp and run it to your subs. Its amazing to me how air tight that trunk is. No matter how good the sub or how much power, you will not get the full potential of your subs while their in a box in the trunk... Its great to start with though. If you have the time/money, Your best bet is to mount the sub in the ski hole and allow the trunk to be your box. Its the only way your going to get serious bass into the cabin. Most will agree. Do you have future plans of any other audio upgrades?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts