BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have engine check light on again the code is P1347 On looking at the DTC database the codes reads. (Misfire Cylinder 3 with fuel cutoff)
I have swapped over ignition pencil coils, no difference, spark plug and lead looks okay, but still getting uneven idle on start up. The only thing I have noticed is each time I go to remove spark plug in number three cylinder its loose! What can losen plug? My car is a 2003 model 330i se Auto, any help most welcome.:(

·
M535 / 330ci Mpkg
22 Posts
How does the engine run?? Does it infact misfire??

I would start looking for a vac leak first........Intake boots fail easily, cracks, tears etc.

Then check the crankcase for excessive vacuum by removing the oil cap with it running, listen for idle speed change, and excessive vacuum entering with the cap off.
This would indicate the crankcase vent valve has failed under the intake.

If that all fails, Check Injector Pulse on Cylinder 3!! If you have poor Injector pulse, that would cause the related issue!!

Please let me know if that helps!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DTC Fault Code

Thanks's for taking the time to reply to my thread, the engine runs fine when up to temperature, acceleration is spot on, it's just uneven idle when I first start up, I have checked all hoses and pipework can't find any sign of splits or cracks, I have swapped around the ignition coils and it made no difference, it's like you say possibly the injector on cylinder 3 or crankcase Vent valve, I will remove oil cap and see what happens, will post results soon as I can, thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.